Medical Assistant - Site Lead
IV. Florence Clinics /
Full Time (On Site) /
Title: Medical Assistant - Site Lead
Florence Health is a rapidly growing next-generation Primary Care Provider dedicated to serving the senior population as they navigate the healthcare experience. In collaboration with Renaissance Physician Partners, a highly esteemed physician group in the Houston area, we are united in our mission to lead the healthcare industry with a forward-thinking approach to coordinated care. Our shared commitment to quality and efficient medical delivery drives us to deliver exceptional care and positive outcomes to our patients.
Inspired by the legendary patient-first nurse, Florence Nightingale, Florence Health was established in 2019 with a singular mission: to prioritize the well-being of our patients above all else. Tailoring our services exclusively to Medicare patients, we fully embrace the goal of value-based care initiatives which will be implemented throughout the development of our new Houston area primary care office. This approach empowers our clinics to invest in additional benefits, services, and staffing, elevating the care experience beyond the confines of traditional practice environments.
At Florence, our unwavering focus on patient satisfaction and exemplary care results is made possible through the collaborative efforts of our exceptional medical professionals, dedicated staff, advanced technology, and state-of-the-art clinic spaces. We are guided by the shared values of Renaissance Physician Partners, including a commitment to quality, teamwork, and the pursuit of excellence. These values are the driving force behind our efforts to provide patients with the best possible care.
Every aspect of our service delivery, from the warm welcome at the front desk to the comprehensive examination and follow-up experience, is designed to exceed our patient's expectations and foster a deep sense of trust and compassion. By fostering meaningful relationships and delivering longitudinal care, our Physicians play a central role in our Care Teams. Managing panels of patients within our communities, our Physicians have the opportunity to focus on providing comprehensive and coordinated care, setting aside the constraints often seen in traditional primary care settings.
This intentional approach allows our Physicians to dedicate more time to each patient, cultivate deeper relationships, execute care plans more effectively, and ultimately achieve superior outcomes. Our Physicians have the flexibility to provide care through tele-visits when appropriate, ensuring access to quality healthcare close to home. In addition, our strong partnership with the locally based Renaissance Physician Partners further enhances the comprehensive care provided within our clinics.
Join our team at Florence Health and become part of a forward-thinking organization where you can make a genuine impact on the lives of our senior patients. Together, we will revolutionize primary care, promote healthy lifestyles, and create a healthier future for our communities.
For more information, visit www.florencehealth.com
The Medical Assistant – Site Lead Role
Florence’s Care Teams include a doctor, a nurse practitioner or physician assistant, and support from registered nurses and medical assistants. Our providers serve as the primary medical provider for the Medicare patients we serve, providing longitudinal care and building meaningful relationships with the patients. This high-touch service creates trust and helps the patient understand and feel connected to his/her care plan. Furthermore, while the typical primary care panel in the U.S. is around 2,500 patients for a single physician, each provider’s panel at Florence is between 750-1,000 Medicare patients. This creates an opportunity to spend more time with patients, build deeper relationships, better execute/coordinate care plans, and achieve greater outcomes.
The Medical Assistant – Site Lead position is a key member of the clinic staff and will serve as the Lead MA onsite, responsible for all patient rooming and clinical workflows beneath the Primary Care Provider. These responsibilities include:
- taking vitals
- collecting medical and social history, and reconciling information as needed
- managing electronic orders for medications, labs, imaging, and other downstream services
- administering vaccines and injections
- collecting specimens
- triaging patient situations in-the-clinic as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Certified Medical Assistants, preferably with experience in primary care: internal medicine, general practice, geriatrics, or family medicine.
- Genuine passion for primary care. (Done well, the practice of medicine should be one of the most rewarding endeavors available.)
- Fluency and experience in all of the clinical competency areas listed above (vitals, injections, etc).
- Positive and problem-solving mindset!
- Leadership mentality.
- Intrinsic motivation and values, including accountability and ownership for the medical assisting responsibilities and expectations.
- An embrace of teamwork, communication, and the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant colleagues.
- Comfort with using IT applications, including electronic medical records and other software.
- A desire to be a part of a company whose business model is based on high-quality primary care and empirical patient outcomes.
Florence Health employees are united in our quest to improve the health and well-being of our patients, and we empower each of our team members to fulfill this mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level.
To this end, we offer:
- Leading compensation packages at all levels throughout the Company
- Covered medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance plan options
- Sponsored 401(k) plan, with up to 5% matching contribution
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave, along with additional case-based categories of leave (e.g. parental leave)
- Work-from-home options when applicable
- Monthly company-wide “virtual happy hour” encompassing all clinics, corporate offices, and work-from-home team members
- A "One Team" culture of deep respect and admiration across all teams and functions, regardless of role, location, or background
$23 - $25 an hour
Florence is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are all humans!