Associate, Medical Assistant Operations
Full Time (On Site)
Title: Associate, Medical Assistant Operations
Florence Health is a next-generation Primary Care Provider growing rapidly in towns and cities around the country. Named after the legendary nurse Florence Nightingale, Florence was founded in 2019 with a simple mission: to serve the patient, above all else. Florence is currently available to Medicare patients exclusively, and operates fully at risk for all of our patients' outcomes and spend, enabling our clinics to invest in the delivery of added benefits, services and staffing that are not possible in a fee-for-service environment.
Florence's relentless focus on patient satisfaction and care results, through our platform of medical professionals, staff, technology, and premium modern clinic spaces designed from the ground up, has earned us a reputation with our patients of going above and beyond on every facet of service delivery - from the front desk to the exam and follow-up experience, and everything in between. Florence in 2022 is assuming full risk for more than 25,000 Medicare patients across multiple states with annual revenues of over $350 million, and continuing to grow at over 100% year-on-year.
For more information, visit www.florencehealth.com
The Associate, Medical Assistant Operations Role
Florence’s Clinics are powered by elite teams of onsite and offsite clinical staff. The onsite clinical staff consists of one or more primary care providers and 3 medical assistants per PCP (including 2 "Rooming MAs", and 1 "Reception MA"). The offsite clinical staff consists of multiple physician Medical Directors, triage and care support nurses, licensed clinical social workers, medical assistants, and even in-field nurse teams and patient transport vans all dedicated to serving our patients in each community beyond the four walls of our clinics.
Key to Florence's successful patient care and service that is delivered through our best-in-class Clinics is excellence within our onsite clinical staff at each location. Florence has developed a comprehensive Onsite MA success framework, across the entire "lifecycle" of staff development — from hiring, to onboarding, to delivering proactive and reactive ongoing support and QA, to longitudinal learning & development on a personalized basis. Our model for delivering on this continuous success framework for onsite clinical staff involves dedicated "Operations Associates" who are responsible for supporting existing and new onsite clinical staff team members with the ongoing execution of these functions across multiple clinics in their region or geography:
- Pre-hire assessment and fit planning;
- Team member onboarding and training post-hire (including sign-off on team member's "credentialing" across all go-live requirements for each team member prior to their first full day in the clinic);
- Availability for (and proactive encouragement of) ongoing support questions or comments from all onsite clinical staff members across locations regarding workflows, clinical areas, personnel questions or other work-related topics;
- Ownership of our established Quality Assurance processes and reporting for each location's clinical staff within the Florence Clinics' ongoing QA framework; and
- Support of Florence's teamwide semi-annual performance reviews for onsite clinical staff members, including participation in the feedback process.
The Associate, Medical Assistant Operations will report to Florence's Director of Clinics.
What makes a great Associate, Medical Assistant Operations:
- Commitment and passion first and foremost for the patient. This is what drives everything at Florence, full stop
- A great team mindset (no ego)
- Deriving fulfillment from not just your own achievements but helping teammates succeed, grow and enjoy their work
- A "project management" mindset — executing Florence's framework of onsite Medical Assistant success across all domains is a hugely detail-oriented, organized endeavor that requires somebody who values precision and clarity (without sacrificing the EQ side of team member support)
- A logical "problem solver's" mindset (think "scientist")
- Certified Medical Assistants, preferably with experience in primary care: internal medicine, general practice, geriatrics, or family medicine.
- Experience in a clinical operations (whether health system-based or other setting) role preferred
- Comfort with using IT applications, including electronic medical records and other software
- A desire to be a part of company whose business model is based on high-quality primary care and empirical patient outcomes
Florence Health employees are united in our quest to improve the health and well-being of our patients. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission.
To this end, we offer:
- Leading compensation packages at all levels throughout the Company
- Covered medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance plan options
- Sponsored 401(k) plan, with up to 5% matching contribution
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave, along with additional case-based categories of leave (e.g. parental leave)
- Work-from-home options when applicable
- Monthly company-wide “virtual happy hour” encompassing all clinics, corporate offices, and work-from-home team members
Florence is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are all humans!