Social & Community Services Manager (MSW/LCSW)
Full Time (On Site)
Title: Social & Community Services Manager, Houston
Florence Health is a next-generation Primary Care Provider growing rapidly in towns and cities around the country. Named after the legendary nurse Florence Nightingale, Florence was founded in 2019 with a simple mission: to serve the patient, above all else. Florence is currently available to Medicare patients exclusively, and operates fully at risk for all of our patients' outcomes and spending, enabling our clinics to invest in the delivery of added benefits, services, and staffing that are not possible in a fee-for-service environment.
Florence's relentless focus on patient satisfaction and care results, through our platform of medical professionals, staff, technology, and premium modern clinic spaces designed from the ground up, has earned us a reputation with our patients of going above and beyond on every facet of service delivery - from the front desk to the exam and follow-up experience, and everything in between.
For more information, visit www.florencehealth.com
Social & Community Services Manager at Florence
The Social & Community Service Manager will join our care team to serve as a partner, navigator, and tireless advocate to our patients and their caregivers to help maintain or improve their health and quality of life and avoid hospitalizations and other poor outcomes. The role will function as an interdisciplinary care team member within our primary care team, alongside our medical providers, care staff and overall management team. The Social & Community Services Manager will be responsible for addressing barriers to care and screening for social determinants of health and will also work closely with community-based organizations and resources in each region we serve.
Responsibilities of the Social & Community Services Manager) include:
- Formulates, develops, and implements a comprehensive psychosocial treatment plan utilizing appropriate clinical social work treatments and interventions.
- Documents assessment plans, interactions, and interventions according to company standards.
- Assist patients in navigating transitions of care.
- Provides crisis intervention for brief and long-term scenarios, including individual, marital, family, bereavement, and/or group therapies.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other teammates to promote continuous process improvement, which results in a streamlined patient journey and the highest level of clinical excellence
- Ability to develop and maintain patient relationships.
- Assess home environments to understand deeper issues impacting patient health.
- Ability to travel per job requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of community resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Master of Social Work (MSW) or experienced Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Minimum 3 years experience working in chronic disease management or critical care setting
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Possess the desire and ability to go above and beyond for Florence patients to uphold the company mission
- High EQ (the role naturally involves a variety of interpersonal skills while interacting with patients, caregivers, and team members across the company)
- Tech Savvy - Recruiting at Florence is fast-paced and we leverage a variety of internal/external communication tools and marketplaces to drive our goals
- Intrinsic motivation and values, including accountability and ownership for the cases you’re overseeing
- Team mindset: success at Florence is basketball/football not tennis/golf, and we proactively take "ego" out of the daily work, ultimately in order to best serve the patients we care for
Florence Health employees are united in our quest to improve the health and well-being of our patients. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography, or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission.
To this end, we offer:
- Leading compensation packages at all levels throughout the Company
- Covered medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance plan options
- Sponsored 401(k) plan, with up to 5% matching contribution
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave, along with additional case-based categories of leave (e.g. parental leave)
- Work-from-home options when applicable
- Monthly company-wide “virtual happy hour” encompassing all clinics, corporate offices, and work-from-home team members
Florence is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are all humans!