Medical Assistant - In-Clinic Primary Care
Full Time (On Site)
Title: Medical Assistant - In-Clinic Primary Care
Florence Health is a next-generation Primary Care Providergrowing rapidly in towns and cities around the country. Named after the legendary nurse Florence Nightingale, Florence was founded in 2019 with a simple mission: to serve the patient, above all else. Florence is currently available to Medicare patients exclusively, and operates fully at risk for all of our patients' outcomes and spending, enabling our clinics to invest in the delivery of added benefits, services, and staffing that are not possible in a fee-for-service environment.
Florence's relentless focus on patient satisfaction and care results, through our platform of medical professionals, staff, technology, and premium modern clinic spaces designed from the ground up, has earned us a reputation with our patients for going above and beyond on every facet of service delivery - from the front desk to the exam and follow-up experience, and everything in between.
For more information, visit www.florencehealth.com
The Medical Assistant Role at Florence
Our Care Teams include a doctor, a nurse practitioner, or a physician assistant, and support from registered nurses and medical assistants. Our providers serve as the primary medical provider for the Medicare patients we serve, providing longitudinal care and building meaningful relationships with the patients. This high-touch service creates trust and helps the patient understand and feel connected to his/her care plan. Furthermore, while the typical primary care panel in the U.S. is around 2,500 patients for a single physician, each provider's panel at Florence is between 750-1,000 Medicare patients. This creates an opportunity to spend more time with patients, build deeper relationships, better execute/coordinate care plans, and achieve greater outcomes.
The Medical Assistant role in the clinic is a key member of this team to make sure that they are assisting the MA Site Lead with making sure that patient appointments at the clinic run smoothly. The MA - In-Clinic team member is responsible for making sure that they are prepped for the day, executing back office MA duties, and assisting the Site Lead where and when they are needed.
For each patient appointment, the MA will be responsible for assisting the MA Site Lead in rooming the patient, including orienting the patient about some of the visit goals based on the encounter prep, and collecting vitals and other pieces of information before the provider comes in. In addition to these focus points, the MA through their bedside manner and overall professionalism also can play a big role in making the patient feel welcome and comfortable during the appointment, and confident in the team overall as a reflection of the clinic and the provider. This role requires warmth and passion for patient interactions, attention to detail and pride in presentation, and a teammate mindset in working with the provider, medical assistants, and the rest of the organization.
What we’re looking for:
- Certified Medical Assistants, preferably with experience in primary care: internal medicine, general practice, geriatrics, or family medicine.
- Genuine passion for primary care. (Done well, the practice of medicine should be one of the most rewarding endeavors available.)
- Positive energy!
- Intrinsic motivation and values, including accountability and ownership for the medical assisting responsibilities and expectations.
- An embrace of teamwork, communication, and the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant colleagues.
- A desire to be a part of a company whose business model is based on high-quality primary care and empirical patient outcomes.
Florence Health employees are united in our quest to improve the health and well-being of our patients, and we empower each of our team members to fulfill this mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level.
To this end, we offer:
- Leading compensation packages at all levels throughout the Company
- Covered medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance plan options
- Sponsored 401(k) plan, with up to 5% matching contribution
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave, along with additional case-based categories of leave (e.g. parental leave)
- Work-from-home options when applicable
- Monthly company-wide “virtual happy hour” encompassing all clinics, corporate offices, and work-from-home team members
- A "One Team" culture of deep respect and admiration across all teams and functions, regardless of role, location, or background.
$20 - $25 an hour
Florence is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are all humans!