Primary Care - Physician Assistant (Part Time/Per Diem)
Part Time (On Site)
Title: Physician Assistant
Florence Health is a next-generation Primary Care Provider growing rapidly in towns and cities around the country. Named after the legendary nurse Florence Nightingale, Florence was founded in 2019 with a simple mission: to serve the patient, above all else. Florence is currently available to Medicare patients exclusively, and operates fully at risk for all of our patients' outcomes and spending, enabling our clinics to invest in the delivery of added benefits, services, and staffing that are not possible in a fee-for-service environment.
Florence's relentless focus on patient satisfaction and care results, through our platform of medical professionals, staff, technology, and premium modern clinic spaces designed from the ground up, has earned us a reputation with our patients of going above and beyond on every facet of service delivery - from the front desk to the exam and follow-up experience, and everything in between.
For more information, visit www.florencehealth.com
Physician Assistants at Florence
Our Care Teams include a doctor, a nurse practitioner or a physician assistant, and support from registered nurses and medical assistants. At Florence, we invest heavily in our Physician Assistants as invaluable members of our Care Teams. PAs see patients both independently and alongside the doctors, depending upon the patient’s specific situation. PAs provide longitudinal care and build meaningful patient relationships; this creates trust and helps the patient understand and feel connected to his/her care plan.
Together this team is responsible for providing and coordinating care for an intimate panel of patients in our communities. While the typical primary care panel in the U.S. is around 2,500 patients for a single physician, our panels at Florence are around 750-1,000 per provider. This creates an opportunity to spend more time with patients, build deeper relationships, better execute/coordinate care plans, and achieve greater outcomes.
PAs practice in our outpatient centers and can also deliver care via tele-visits in situations where that is appropriate. We partner with a network of elite specialists and hospitals for specialty and acute care. As such, our PAs, with our doctors, focus on care within the clinic: primary care, care coordination, and population health.
- Provision of exceptional primary care.
- Office visits for routine and acute issues.
- Annual wellness visits and health risk assessments, which require a holistic view of health and a focus on thoughtful, accurate, and specific documentation.
- Patient training and education about their condition anatomies, risk factors, and warning signs.
- Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing facilities, and agencies.
- Tele-based patient triage as needed.
- Population health leadership, in collaboration with the broader Care Team (e.g., making sure all of our patients are routinely screened for colorectal cancer per the age guidelines).
- Participation in patient care rounds and conferences, including communicating patient management strategies to members of the Care Team and collaborating with the team to ensure that care plans and strategies are followed through and expanded on.
- Home visits as needed.
- Florence promotional activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Physician Assistants with experience in primary care: internal medicine, general practice, geriatrics, or family medicine.
- Experience with risk adjustment and/or home assessments.
- Understanding of ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-10) Coding, HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) documentation, and Health Risk Assessments (HRAs).
- An active, non-probationary state license.
- An active DEA registration in good standing.
- Medicare enrollment in good standing, or eligibility to enroll.
- Genuine passion for primary care. (Done well, the practice of medicine should be one of the most rewarding endeavors available.)
- Intrinsic motivation and values.
- An embrace of teamwork and the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant colleagues.
- A desire to be a part of a company whose business model is based on high-quality primary care and empirical patient outcomes.
Florence Health employees are united in our quest to improve the health and well-being of our patients, and we empower each of our team members to fulfill this mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography, or experience level.
To this end, we offer:
- Leading compensation packages at all levels throughout the Company
- Sponsored 401(k) plan, with up to 5% matching contribution
- Paid Time Off, along with additional case-based categories of leave (e.g. parental leave)
- Work-from-home options when applicable
- Monthly company-wide “virtual happy hour” encompassing all clinics, corporate offices, and work-from-home team members
- A "One Team" culture of deep respect and admiration across all teams and functions, regardless of role, location, or background
Florence is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are all humans!