Document Review, Medical Assistant - Remote Care Team
Multiple Locations /
Full Time (Remote)
Title: Document Review, Medical Assistant - Remote Care Team
Florence Health is a next-generation Primary Care Provider growing rapidly in towns and cities around the country. Named after the legendary nurse Florence Nightingale, Florence was founded in 2019 with a simple mission: to serve the patient, above all else. Florence is currently available to Medicare patients exclusively, and operates fully at risk for all of our patients' outcomes and spending, enabling our clinics to invest in the delivery of added benefits, services, and staffing that are not possible in a fee-for-service environment.
Florence's relentless focus on patient satisfaction and care results, through our platform of medical professionals, staff, technology, and premium modern clinic spaces designed from the ground up, has earned us a reputation with our patients of going above and beyond on every facet of service delivery - from the front desk to the exam and follow-up experience, and everything in between.
For more information, visit www.florencehealth.com
The Medical Assistant - Remote Care Team
We are excited to open a number of positions across the country for passionate Medical Assistants (MAs) to join our Remote Care Team. This position will be entirely work-from-home with extensive virtual training. Our Remote Care Team is made up of dedicated nurses and medical assistants delivering virtual care and proactive check-in touch points to our Medicare patients as a devoted "side-kick" to the primary care physician (PCP) in between our patients' primary care office visits. Our document review team prepares charts to ensure all records are up to date, taking on a crucial role to support our patients and the in-clinic team. We take pride in upholding a high standard for our patients and team, including their medical records. Health care is stressful, especially as we all put miles on our bodies as we get older, and our team (from the physician to the medical assistant) is devoted to making the healthcare experience better for each one of our patients, being there for them in good times and bad.
What we’re looking for:
- Certified Medical Assistants, preferably with experience in primary care: internal medicine, general practice, geriatrics, or family medicine.
- Experience as a scribe or electronic medical records documentation.
- Enjoys a heads-down workflow with little to no patient contact, while still impacting the patient's health in a crucial capacity.
- Positive and problem-solving mindset!
- Intrinsic motivation and values, including accountability and ownership for the medical assisting responsibilities and expectations.
- An embrace of teamwork, communication, and the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant colleagues.
- A desire to be a part of a company whose business model is based on high-quality primary care and empirical patient outcomes.
- Personability (enjoy talking to people, and talking to patients in particular [note that this role involves primarily phone-based and virtual patient encounters])
- Tech savvy (nimble picking up and navigating multiple technology tools and applications) and thrives in a fast-paced, modern office environment
- Availability of a quiet home office space, preferably with a door to keep out ambient noise
Florence Health employees are united in our quest to improve the health and well-being of our patients. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography, or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission.
To this end, we offer:
- Leading compensation packages at all levels throughout the Company
- Covered medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance plan options
- Sponsored 401(k) plan, with up to 5% matching contribution
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave, along with additional case-based categories of leave (e.g. parental leave)
- Monthly company-wide “virtual happy hour” encompassing all clinics, corporate offices, and work-from-home team members
$19 - $23 an hour
Florence is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are all humans!