Primary Care - Physician
IV. Florence Clinics /
Full Time (On Site) /
Title: Primary Care Physician
Florence Health is a rapidly growing next-generation Primary Care Provider dedicated to serving the senior population as they navigate the healthcare experience. In collaboration with Renaissance Physician Partners, a highly esteemed physician group in the Houston area, we are united in our mission to lead the healthcare industry with a forward-thinking approach to coordinated care. Our shared commitment to quality and efficient medical delivery drives us to deliver exceptional care and positive outcomes to our patients.
Inspired by the legendary patient-first nurse, Florence Nightingale, Florence Health was established in 2019 with a singular mission: to prioritize the well-being of our patients above all else. Tailoring our services exclusively to Medicare patients, we fully embrace the goal of value-based care initiatives which will be implemented throughout the development of our new Houston area primary care office. This approach empowers our clinics to invest in additional benefits, services, and staffing, elevating the care experience beyond the confines of traditional practice environments.
At Florence, our unwavering focus on patient satisfaction and exemplary care results is made possible through the collaborative efforts of our exceptional medical professionals, dedicated staff, advanced technology, and state-of-the-art clinic spaces. We are guided by the shared values of Renaissance Physician Partners, including a commitment to quality, teamwork, and the pursuit of excellence. These values are the driving force behind our efforts to provide patients with the best possible care.
Every aspect of our service delivery, from the warm welcome at the front desk to the comprehensive examination and follow-up experience, is designed to exceed our patient's expectations and foster a deep sense of trust and compassion. By fostering meaningful relationships and delivering longitudinal care, our Physicians play a central role in our Care Teams. Managing panels of patients within our communities, our Physicians have the opportunity to focus on providing comprehensive and coordinated care, setting aside the constraints often seen in traditional primary care settings.
This intentional approach allows our Physicians to dedicate more time to each patient, cultivate deeper relationships, execute care plans more effectively, and ultimately achieve superior outcomes. Our Physicians have the flexibility to provide care through tele-visits when appropriate, ensuring access to quality healthcare close to home. In addition, our strong partnership with the locally based Renaissance Physician Partners further enhances the comprehensive care provided within our clinics.
Join our team at Florence Health and become part of a forward-thinking organization where you can make a genuine impact on the lives of our senior patients. Together, we will revolutionize primary care, promote healthy lifestyles, and create a healthier future for our communities.
For more information, visit www.florencehealth.com
Physicians at Florence
Our Care Teams include a doctor, a nurse practitioner or a physician assistant, and support from registered nurses and medical assistants. At Florence, we invest heavily in our Physicians as invaluable members of our Care Teams. Physicians see patients both independently and alongside the doctors, depending on the patient’s specific situation. Physicians provide longitudinal care and build meaningful patient relationships; this creates trust and helps the patient understand and feel connected to his/her care plan.
Together this team is responsible for providing and coordinating care for an intimate panel of patients in our communities. While the typical primary care panel in the U.S. is around 2,500 patients for a single physician, our panels at Florence are around 750-1,000 per provider. This creates an opportunity to spend more time with patients, build deeper relationships, better execute/coordinate care plans, and achieve greater outcomes.
Physicians practice in our outpatient centers and can also deliver care via tele-visits in situations where that is appropriate. We partner with a network of elite specialists and hospitals for specialty and acute care. As such, our Physicians, focus on care within the clinic: primary care, care coordination, and population health.
- Provision of exceptional primary care.
- Office visits for routine and acute issues.
- Annual wellness visits and health risk assessments, which require a holistic view of health and a focus on thoughtful, accurate, and specific documentation.
- Patient training and education about their condition anatomies, risk factors, and warning signs.
- Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing facilities, and agencies.
- Tele-based patient triage as needed.
- Population health leadership, in collaboration with the broader Care Team (e.g., making sure all of our patients are routinely screened for colorectal cancer per the age guidelines).
- Participation in patient care rounds and conferences, including communicating patient management strategies to members of the Care Team and collaborating with the team to ensure that care plans and strategies are followed through and expanded on.
- Florence promotional activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This role reports to the Practice Manager and works closely with the Florence Providers PLLC leadership.
What we’re looking for:
- Doctors of Medicine with experience in primary care: internal medicine, general practice, geriatrics, or family medicine.
- Experience with risk adjustment and/or home assessments.
- Understanding of ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases-10) Coding, HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) documentation, and Health Risk Assessments (HRAs).
- An active, non-probationary state license.
- An active DEA registration in good standing.
- Medicare enrollment in good standing, or eligibility to enroll.
- Genuine passion for primary care. (Done well, the practice of medicine should be one of the most rewarding endeavors available.)
- Intrinsic motivation and values.
- An embrace of teamwork and the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant colleagues.
- A desire to be a part of a company whose business model is based on high-quality primary care and empirical patient outcomes.
Florence’s provider careers come with advantages that aren’t offered by the majority of health systems and medical groups, including:
- Above-market salary and a market-leading benefits package, including paid time off, premium covered health, dental, and vision benefits, a robust 401(k) retirement plan, and long-term disability and life insurance.
- A brand new, beautiful working environment, including our own designed modern clinic spaces.
- A supportive and passionate culture where primary care providers are treated like rockstars, both amongst the Care Team and extending to the rest of the staff and administration.
- Highly regarded physician leadership.
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement.
- Ongoing CME support and fully covered professional liability insurance.
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of fixing the U.S. healthcare system.
$250,000 - $280,000 a year
Florence is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are all humans!