Patient Transport Agent
IV. Florence Clinics /
Full Time (On Site) /
Title: Patient Transport Agent – Houston Area
Florence Health is a next-generation Primary Care Providergrowing rapidly in towns and cities around the country. Named after the legendary nurse Florence Nightingale, Florence was founded in 2019 with a simple mission: to serve the patient, above all else. Florence is currently available to Medicare patients exclusively, and operates fully at risk for all of our patients' outcomes and spend, enabling our clinics to invest in the delivery of added benefits, services and staffing that are not possible in a fee-for-service environment.
Florence's relentless focus on patient satisfaction and care results, through our platform of medical professionals, staff, technology, and premium modern clinic spaces designed from the ground up, has earned us a reputation with our patients of going above and beyond on every facet of service delivery - from the front desk to the exam and follow-up experience, and everything in between.
For more information, visit www.florencehealth.com
Florence’s Patient Transport Role
In order to best serve our patients with all of their health care needs, Florence Health is launching our own branded transport vans in our service regions for non-emergency patient transportation free of cost to our members.
The Patient Transport Agent will be provided a Florence Health van and will be responsible for the safe and efficient transport of our patients to-and-from their clinic appointments at Florence’s primary care centers, as well as to other important health care sites needed for their care such as the pharmacy, laboratory, imaging center, specialist appointments, and more. For this role, the area of travel will be aligned to the greater Houston area.
The Patient Transport Agent will be in frequent communication with our clinical staff and our patients to ensure timely pick-ups and drop-offs. This role requires warmth and passion for patient interactions, attention to detail and pride in presentation, and a "no-ego" teammate mindset as we serve our patients collaboratively together.
The role also requires physical capacity and willingness to help patients get into and out of the vehicle compassionately when needed, as some of our patients have mobility challenges and may need assistance with their wheelchairs or other equipment. The nature of the position also entails sitting for extended periods of time, and entering and exiting the vehicle as needed.
In addition to the direct patient transportation work, Florence’s Patient Transport Agents are responsible for maintaining compliant vehicle records and coordinating routine vehicle maintenance, cleanings, and inspections. As the person closest to the vehicle on a daily basis, the Patient Transport Agent is in the best position to detect and address any repair needs, such as tire replacements and tune-ups, at the Company’s expense).
What we’re looking for:
- A desire to be a part of a company whose business model is based on high-quality primary care and making a difference in our patient's lives
- Genuine compassion and interest in patient satisfaction (this is our big mission at the end of the day!)
- Enjoyment of driving and your role in helping people move from A to B
- Appreciation for efficiency, organization, and professionalism (i.e., someone who’s bothered by being late or “behind the 8 ball”), while at the same time being patient and understanding of each patient if/when they're running behind
- Pride in your work and personal values, including accountability and ownership of the patient van driver's responsibilities and expectations
- EQ (emotional quotient) – the role involves a variety of interpersonal skills while interacting with patients and team members across the company
- An embrace of teamwork, communication, and the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant colleagues. Frequent phone call and text message communication within the team and with patients is important to fulfill this job role effectively
- Adherence to traffic and safety guidelines, a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and the ability to smoothly navigate to-and-from destinations under pressure while maintaining a “cool, calm, and supportive" rapport with your passengers
Florence Health employees are united in our quest to improve the health and well-being of our patients, and we empower each of our team members to fulfill this mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography, or experience level.
To this end, we offer:
- Leading compensation packages at all levels throughout the Company
- Covered medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance plan options
- Sponsored 401(k) plan, with up to 5% matching contribution
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave, along with additional case-based categories of leave (e.g. parental leave) - Work-from-home options when applicable
- Monthly company-wide “virtual happy hour” encompassing all clinics, corporate offices, and work-from-home team members
- A "One Team" culture of deep respect and admiration across all teams and functions, regardless of role, location, or background
Florence is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are all humans!