Certified Nurse Assistant, In-Field Team
Full Time (On Site)
Title: Certified Nurse Assistant, At-home Primary Care (Redding)
Florence Health is a next-generation Primary Care Provider growing rapidly in towns and cities around the country. Named after the legendary nurse Florence Nightingale, Florence was founded in 2019 with a simple mission: to serve the patient, above all else. Florence is currently available to Medicare patients exclusively, and operates fully at risk for all of our patients' outcomes and spend, enabling our clinics to invest in the delivery of added benefits, services and staffing that are not possible in a fee-for-service environment.
Florence's relentless focus on patient satisfaction and care results, through our platform of medical professionals, staff, technology, and premium modern clinic spaces designed from the ground up, has earned us a reputation with our patients of going above and beyond on every facet of service delivery - from the front desk to the exam and follow-up experience, and everything in between. Florence enters 2022 at full risk for more than 25,000 Medicare patients across multiple states and annual revenues of over $350 million, and continues to grow at over 100% year-on-year.
For more information, visit www.florencehealth.com
Field CNAs at Florence
Florence’s field nursing unit is made up of a Field RN and a Field CNA, delivering in-home and in-hospital visits for Florence's primary care patients. This team works as a pair, so you will most commonly be accompanying the Field RN on visits to our patients, rather than solo. Also, since this team exclusively serves Florence's primary care patients, you will always be visiting and supporting patients who have existing, trusted relationships with Florence's clinic (unlike many home health agency roles, in which the nursing team is venturing into the homes and other settings of new patients with no existing relationship with the team).
Florence's field nursing duo is an out-of-clinic extension of our in-clinic primary care team, enabling us to support our patients in their homes when needed for welfare checks or medical support, as well as visit our patients in the hospital and post-acute settings whenever they are admitted -- to offer a friendly face in hard times, see if there's any additional support or care we can provide them during their stay, and ensure the discharge process is well prepared and they have a strong recovery once they return home.
While primarily an in-the-field, mobile position, Field CNAs also have space at our primary care clinic and offices in Meriam Park, Chico, where you can spend time working on charts and recharging with the team when not at home or hospital visits.
Responsibilities of the CNA for At-home Primary Care include:
- Accompanying the paired Field RN to in-home and in-the-hospital patient support visits.
- Assisting the paired Field RN with patient chart review and information gathering/preparation to ensure the best use of time with each patient during their in-hospital and in-home visits.
- Serving as the right hand to the Field RN during and in between all patient visits, including collecting vitals and other pieces of information during the encounter.
- Help prep wound care supplies as appropriate.
- Help prep IV therapy as appropriate.
- Quarterbacking and fulfilling follow-up action items (such as picking up critical, time-sensitive prescriptions or other supplies from the pharmacy and bringing them to the patient if/when there are no other means, and escalating RN requests as needed for referrals, medication fills, and other to-dos to the other members of the patient's primary care team).
- Management of the patient’s chart with the RN within the electronic medical record system.
- Care coordination with other providers, specialists, testing facilities, and agencies.
- Tele-based patient triage as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This role reports to the residential care RN lead, and works closely with the Florence Medical Group leadership.
What we’re looking for:
- California-certified Nurse Assistants, preferably with experience in senior care, IV therapy support, wound care support, and other critical CNA areas.
- Genuine passion for primary care and patient support — our patients are truly the only VIPs that matter to us, and our whole team is simply at their service!
- Affinity for caring for and supporting seniors and the Medicare population, in particular.
- Energy! Since the role involves site visits in the community, the best fits will be dynamic individuals who enjoy working across settings and environments.
- Intrinsic motivation and values, including accountability and ownership for the medical assisting responsibilities and expectations.
- An embrace of teamwork, communication and the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant colleagues.
- A desire to be a part of company whose business model is based on high-quality primary care and empirical patient outcomes.
Florence Health employees are united in our quest to improve the health and well-being of our patients. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission.
To this end, we offer:
- Leading compensation packages at all levels throughout the Company
- Covered medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance plan options
- Sponsored 401(k) plan, with up to 5% matching contribution
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave, along with additional case-based categories of leave (e.g. parental leave)
- Work-from-home options when applicable
- Monthly company-wide “virtual happy hour” encompassing all clinics, corporate offices, and work-from-home team members
Florence is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are all humans!