Human Resources Coordinator and Bookkeeper - Florida Democratic Party
Miami, Florida /
Florida Democratic Party – Human Resources /
Serve as Human Resources Coordinator and Bookkeeper, administering a procedure for accounts payable/receivable, human resources, and compliance with the state and federal government regulations.
- Possess a strong knowledge of state and federal campaign finance laws.
- Have previous work experience with political campaign finance.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Have good management aptitude and/or demonstrated skills.
- Be detail oriented.
- Proficient computer skills including experience using Paychex, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Enterprise accounting software and Google Workspace.
- Ability to set and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast-paced office environment with many distractions.
- Administer payroll on a bi-monthly basis.
- Manage the onboarding of new employees.
- Maintain employee files.
- Serve as a resource for employees regarding human resources issues.
- Analyze invoices/bills and coordinate with the compliance consultant to process payments.
- Pay invoices/bills on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Communicate with vendors regarding the progress of their invoices.
- Maintain a system of filing paid invoices/bills.
- Processing contributions including, coordinate with the compliance consultant, entering data into the database, preparing contributions for deposit, and making deposits.
- Enter deposit totals into accounting software.
- Maintain records of contributions and deposits.
- Work with compliance consultant to file the required reports with the Federal Election Commission monthly and the FL State Board of Elections quarterly.
- Maintain records of monetary and in-kind contributions to candidates
- and party committees.
- Assure state and federal campaign finance laws are adhered to.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Florida Democratic Party is dedicated to a strong work environment that includes health benefits and paid time off to its employees.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.