Senior Communications Advisor
Florida Democratic Party – Communications /
This is a senior-level role focused on developing and executing the communications strategy to define and hold accountable the Republican Senate candidates and support Florida Democrats’ goal of supporting Democrats up and down the ballot. The person in this position is expected to create a press plan, build events, pitch stories, oversee a sophisticated rapid response operation and serve as the on-the-record spokesperson for the party as it relates to the U.S. Senate campaign.
- Develop and execute earned media strategy to define Republican U.S. Senate candidate(s)
- Build and maintain relationships with the state and local press corps
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the party regarding the GOP Senate candidate(s)
- Quickly draft and edit press releases and talking points for allies Build press conferences and events
- Pitch trend, analysis and opposition research stories
- Support Florida Democrats’ goal of supporting Democratic candidates up and down the ballot
- Strong preference for two to three cycles of campaign or political communications experience
- Track record of successful work directly with reporters and on-the-record experience
- Strong verbal communication skillsAbility to write quickly and on deadline for wide variety of press materials
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies and plans
- Understanding of how to prioritize competing responsibilities and multiple organizations while managing rapid response in a fast-paced work environment
- Team player attitude and committed to working well with othersDemonstrated commitment to Democratic causes
$6,500 - $6,500 a month
Must have great flexibility along with the desire to work irregular hours as evening and weekend hours will be needed regularly as we move into campaign season;
Must reside in Florida or upon hiring relocate to Florida, with a preference for living in the Miami area or Tallahassee.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to organized labor and is a unionized state Party. We are also committed to diversity amongst our staff, and recognize that our continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.