Deputy Operations Director - Florida Coordinated Campaign
Orlando, Florida /
2022 Florida Coordinated Campaign – Operations /
The Florida Democratic Coordinated Campaign is seeking a skilled and experienced Deputy Operations Director to join our growing team. 2022 will be a critical election year in Florida, with highly-competitive races up and down the ballot, including nationally-watched races for U.S. Senate, Governor, and U.S. Congress in the most diverse battleground in the country. The Coordinated Campaign will build the statewide turnout operation needed to mobilize and persuade voters to support Florida Democrats in November 2022. Starting the earliest in a decade the Florida Coordinated Campaign will be engaging with voters where they are at, in the language that they speak to deliver votes for the Democratic Ticket!
The Deputy Operations Director will be responsible for helping to oversee the operations infrastructure for a statewide coordinated campaign as our field operation scales up for the races this fall. The ideal applicant works well in fast-paced environments, can effectively communicate within our team and across departments, and has organizing or operations experience. They will assist the Operations Director with developing statewide operations strategies and ensuring the needs of the campaign are met. Deputy Organizing Directors will be given ownership of various tasks to help the broader operations team, including specific projects that may involve other departments. This position requires some flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task. This is a cycle position through the 2022 election cycle. Access to reliable transportation is required for this position.
The Deputy Operations Director will report to the Operations Director.
- Assist the Coordinated Operations Director with logistics and administration for the coordinated team by managing multiple operations projects including supply procurement, payroll, supporter housing, offices, equipment and others
- Work with the accounting team to ensure that all expenses across the organization are tracked and remain within budget
- Prospect offices and track progress of office openings and shutdowns to ensure all utilities, internet providers, lease agreements and office needs are accounted for and managed in central database
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure proper allotment of materials are delivered and received at the applicable office level
- Ensure that all offices and staffers consistently have required PPE
- Address operations issues and needs from staff in a timely manner
- Help to implement the logistics for staff events and trainings
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done
- Cultural Competency – Able to build authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other identities. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work
- Multitasking in a Fast-Paced Environment – Ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small, at once
- Technical Proficiency – Highly proficient in Excel/Google Docs with experience working from shared databases and workbooks
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills – Strong interpersonal skills, customer service attitude, and ability to communicate with people from many backgrounds
- Focused on Creative Solutions – Has the ability to develop and execute creative solutions to complex challenges
- Familiarity with Campaign Finance Laws – Familiarity of federal and state campaign finance laws preferred
- Previous experience working for a political, legislative, or nonprofit organization preferred
- Experience executing field campaign operations preferred
Salary for this position is $6,000 a month with employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
This role will be based in person in Orlando Florida, and the ability to work remotely will not be available.
We are hiring immediately for this role.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.