Municipal Victory Program Deputy State Director - Florida Democratic Party
Tallahassee or Miami, Florida /
Florida Democratic Party – Municipal Victory Program /
The Florida Democratic Party is looking to hire a Deputy State Director for the Municipal Victory Program. We are looking for a strong candidate that has a mix of campaign experience that can help advise candidates on how to build out a path to victory. The ideal candidate understands the state political landscape and can manage relationships with stakeholders all across the state.
- Responsible for assisting candidates and their campaigns on overall strategy and campaign development
- Conduct candidates trainings that focus on fundraising, field plans, media training, and paid communications strategies
- Assist State Director with candidate recruitment and identifying target races for the Municipal Victory Program
- Provide general candidate support in the areas of finance, comms, field and other campaign needs
- Work with partner organizations on ways to support MVP candidates
- Other responsibilities as assigned or modified
The ideal candidate has:
- Worked on a campaign staff as either a finance, comms, or field director, and has also been a campaign manager for either a municipal or state legislative campaign
- Experience working in Florida politics and has working relationships with grassroots organizations, campaign partners, and other political groups
- Knowledge of GSuite tools, Votebuilder, and other tools that are commonly used on political campaigns
- A valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation and the ability to travel extensively at times throughout the state for more than a day at a time
- Minimum of two cycle of campaign experience, with at least one cycle managing a municipal or state legislative race
- Proficiency in Spanish, Creoloe, or other language
The Florida Democratic Party offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and with a benefits package and opportunity for growth. This is a full-time position and available immediately. Position salary is negotiable and based on experience. Position includes full health, dental, and vision benefits.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be filled as quickly as the right candidate is identified with a rolling start date.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.