Field and Organizing Director
Florida Democratic Party – Organizing /
The Florida Democratic Party is seeking an experienced Field and Organizing Director to kick off Florida's field and community engagement activities in advance of 2022. The Field and Organizing Director will plan and implement a program where we can gain significant ground in voter registration and engage our democratic community. The director will oversee multiple regional field directors, field staff and local operatives over the course of this election cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and manage a large field department and staff;
- Write and execute a data-driven persuasion, GOTV and voter registration plan;
- Work closely with county parties, clubs and caucuses to ensure all Florida Democrats are included in outreach plans and play key roles in voter registration plans;
- Manage overall field and organizing/voter engagement operations, tracking performance to goals;
- Motivate field and engagement staff to meet goals, including establishing accountability systems in the field to ensure that campaign goals are met;
- Develop relationships and programs to ensure county parties, clubs and caucuses can understand and participate to help the FDP meet its goals;
- Work with compliance, finance and Executive Director to ensure we are maximizing financial resources;
- Collaborate with the Data Director to gather and integrate into the Voter File (VAN) the best analytics, modeling, and voter-identification information;
- Collaborate with grassroots activists and staff on the ground to ensure that findings in the field are incorporated into modeling, messaging and strategies moving into 2022.
- Plan and execute ID, persuasion, absentee, and voter registration programs;
- Train and coordinate training for county chairs, volunteers, and organizers on various organizing skills, building the skills of our core supporters across the state;
- Attend local events to recruit volunteers, talk about FDP, and build community relationships;
- Ensure that all metrics related to field activities are properly tracked;
- Development, implementation and monitoring of strategies to carry out media-focused advocacy and demonstrations;
- Support and continue to build a large coalition membership and network to support a regional and advocacy agenda;
- Develop and manage systems to support organizers and party leaders on story collection, membership development, list building, and coalition building;
- Help organize press conferences, actions, and other events to support holding Republicans accountable on priority issues;
- Serve as a regional spokesperson for the organization, including giving presentations to groups, and testimony to support the program goals and needs;
- Build strategic partnerships and alliances among diverse groups and constituencies;
- Recruit new members, volunteers, and affiliates to the coalition;
- Keep consistent records about meetings, events, contacts, and work schedule on a centralized calendar.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least one full cycle as a statewide Field Director/Deputy Director or Organizing Director/Deputy Director or 2+ cycles as a field or campaign manager on a top tier candidate or issue campaign or political organization.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, training, and managing field staff.
- Experience writing and implementing a field plan and managing a large budget.
- Experience targeting and creating persuasion, voter registration and base expansion universes using modeling and on the ground input from grassroots leaders on the ground.
- Deep understanding of voter registration in Florida, including the legal aspects.
- Experience tracking and measuring progress to goals and analyzing effectiveness.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with VoteBuilder (VAN), modeling and targeting.
- Strong communications, organizational and leadership skills, ability to work independently, problem solve and to manage multiple tasks.
- Deadline and results-driven leader.
- Experience managing and developing online organizing operations a major plus
- Experience in developing large scale volunteer canvasses
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation and the ability to travel extensively at times throughout the state for more than a day at a time.
- Position is based in Florida
Salary & Benefits
- The Florida Democratic Party offers a competitive salary and benefit package with the opportunity for growth. This is a full-time position and available immediately. Position salary is negotiable and based on experience. Position includes full health, dental, and vision benefits.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.