Deputy Data Director - Florida Coordinated Campaign
Orlando, Florida /
2022 Florida Coordinated Campaign – Data /
The Florida Democratic Party Coordinated Campaign is seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and talented Deputy Data Director. 2022 will be a critical election year in Florida, with highly-competitive races up and down the ballot, including nationally-watched races for U.S. Senate, Governor and U.S. Congress in the most diverse battleground in the country. The Coordinated Campaign will build the statewide turnout operation needed to mobilize and persuade voters to support Florida Democrats in November 2022. Starting the earliest in a decade the Florida Coordinated Campaign will be engaging with voters where they are at, in the language that they speak to deliver votes for the Democratic Ticket!
The Deputy Data Directors will report to the Data & Analytics Director.
- Design and build reports that track progress and health of key programmatic priorities, including voter contact, volunteer recruitment, leadership development, and constituency outreach
- Assist in developing targeting and resource allocation
- Create and maintain data standards to ensure data capture and hygiene
- Develop and present data and Votebuilder/VAN training materials to other coordinated campaign departments in statewide, small group and one-on-one settings
- Respond to data support requests, questions and flags
- Other responsibilities as assigned
We encourage you to apply if you have any combination of the following:
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new skills and platforms used by other team members
- Ability to communicate effectively within teams and across departments – particularly technical information to a variety of audiences
- A desire to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and implement creative solutions to unique problems
- A technical skill set that includes familiarity or proficiency in a variety of programming languages/software such as (but not limited to) MS Excel, Google Sheets, SQL, Tableau, Python, QGIS and R
- Previous campaign experience or equivalent political experience in a technical role. Familiarity with Votebuilder / VAN preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Salary for this position is $6,000 a month with employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
This role will be based in person in Orlando Florida, and the ability to work remotely will not be available.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be filled as quickly as the right candidate is identified with a rolling start date.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.