Digital Organizing Director - Florida Coordinated Campaign
Orlando, Florida /
2022 Florida Coordinated Campaign – Digital /
Florida Coordinated Campaign has an immediate opening for a Digital Organizing Director to manage and grow our digital organizing efforts online and offline.
2022 will be a critical election year in Florida, with highly-competitive races up and down the ballot, including nationally-watched races for U.S. Senate, Governor, and U.S. Congress in the most diverse battleground in the country. The Coordinated Campaign will build the statewide turnout operation needed to mobilize and persuade voters to support Florida Democrats in November 2022. Starting the earliest in a decade the Florida Coordinated Campaign will be engaging with voters where they are at, in the language that they speak to deliver votes for the Democratic Ticket!
The Digital Organizing Director will be responsible for building and managing our distributed texting program as well as our first of its kind statewide Relational Program. This position requires some flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task. This is a termed position through the end of November 2022. Access to reliable transportation is required for this position.
The Digital Organizing Director will report to the Coordinated Campaign Director.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing volunteer engagement and voter mobilization strategies through digital platforms.
- Serving as the point of contact and admin for all campaign digital organizing tools.
- Developing metrics of success for the digital organizing program, in addition to regular reporting around program health and growth.
- Writing compelling and engaging SMS copy various campaigns and projects, including rapid response moments.
- Managing digital organizing staff (possible).
- Working with senior leadership on strategic use of digital tools and how they enhance or amplify the organizing and advocacy programmatic goals.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other identities. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work.
- Multitasking in a Fast-Paced Environment – Ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small, at once.
- Technical Proficiency – Highly proficient in digital tools.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills – Strong interpersonal skills, customer service attitude, and ability to communicate with people from many backgrounds
- Focused on Creative Solutions – Has the ability to develop and execute creative solutions to complex challenges.
- 2 cycles of digital experience preferred
- Previous experience working for a political, legislative, or nonprofit organization preferred.
- Experience executing digital campaign operations preferred.
Salary for this position is $8,000 a month with employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
This role will be based in person in Orlando, Florida, and the ability to work remotely will not be available.
Disclaimer: The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.