Regional Organizing Director - Florida Coordinated Campaign
2022 Florida Coordinated Campaign – Organizing /
The Florida Democratic Coordinated Campaign is seeking skilled and passionate Regional Organizing Directors to join our growing team. 2022 will be a critical election year in Florida, with highly-competitive races up and down the ballot, including nationally-watched races for U.S. Senate, Governor and U.S. Congress in the most diverse battleground in the country. The Coordinated Campaign will build the statewide turnout operation needed to mobilize and persuade voters to support Florida Democrats in November 2022. Starting the earliest in a decade the Florida Coordinated Campaign will be engaging with voters where they are at, in the language that they speak to deliver votes for the Democratic Ticket!
The Regional Organizing Directors will report to the Deputy Organizing Director.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Hire, train and manage a team of Field Organizers across a given region of Florida
- Assist in the setting of weekly voter contact metrics and build structures that hold Organizers accountable to those metrics
- Build and facilitate a regional office culture that is consistent with the values of our statewide organizing program
- Oversee prompt and accurate reporting and data management
- Execute on goals and objectives in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Navigate organizing and managing regional political relationships with the cultural competency that a large, diverse state demands
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 1-2 cycles of Field, Labor, or Community Organizing experience
- Familiarity with NGP VAN and other data infrastructure
- Ability to create a strong, inclusive management culture that supports a talented and diverse staff
- Capacity to create and operate advanced internal tracking systems
- Attention to detail, highly-developed organizational skills, and the ability to collaborate with local county Democratic Parties throughout the region
- Aptitude for balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- Desire to receive constructive coaching and grow as a professional
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work long, irregular hours
Salary for this position is $5,166 a month with employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
This role will be based in person regionally throughout Florida, and the ability to work remotely will not be available.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.