Deputy Voter Protection Director (Volunteer Manager) - Florida Coordinated Campaign
Orlando, Florida /
2022 Florida Coordinated Campaign – Voter Protection /
The Florida Democratic Coordinated Campaign is seeking a skilled and experienced Deputy Voter Protection Director to join our growing team. 2022 will be a critical election year in Florida, with highly-competitive races up and down the ballot, including nationally-watched races for U.S. Senate, Governor, and U.S. Congress in the most diverse battleground in the country. The Coordinated Campaign will build the statewide turnout operation needed to mobilize and persuade voters to support Florida Democrats in November 2022. Starting the earliest in a decade the Florida Coordinated Campaign will be engaging with voters where they are at, in the language that they speak to deliver votes for the Democratic Ticket!
Last cycle Florida’s voter protection team had the largest volunteer base in the country. These thousands of volunteers protected the vote at the early and election day polling places, observed canvassing board meetings, cured ballots, and answered voters questions on the hotline. We are seeking a talented Deputy Voter Protection Director that can lead each of the systems that help recruit, onboard, train, assign, and support volunteers to execute these activities for the 2022 election.
As our Deputy Director of Voter Protection, you will have four main areas of responsibility:
1. Design and manage volunteer experiences from recruitment to assignment for the different voter protection roles.
- Developing training and the associated materials for each type of role in the voter protection program.
- Organizing and running trainings with the support of experienced volunteers.
- Cutting lists, writing scripts, and tagging volunteers in votebuilder (VAN).
- Disseminating clear and simple volunteer instructions, drafting and monitoring mobilize events, and ensure quality interactions with the volunteers.
2. Manage the Hotline Manager
- Establish hotline structure and plan for volunteers.
- Support the Hotline Manager in recruiting, training, and supporting hotline operators.
- Support the Hotline Manager in recruiting, training, and supporting the ballot cure process.
3. Establish and Support strong partnerships with county-level democratic parties
- Cultivate strong relationships with county-level democratic organizations to help recruit and coordinate poll watching activities.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to serve as County Volunteer Managers.
4. Design and maintain strong data practices
- Administer LBJ, VAN/Votebuilder, Google Forms and other database tools to track issues, volunteers, and voters.
- Ensure that all volunteers and staff are properly utilizing
- databases and that their reports are timely, accurate, and escalated appropriately.
- Develop regular review processes to monitor reports, ensure all voter issues have been resolved, and aggregate and escalate trends.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- We are seeking someone who, at their core, is fueled by the satisfaction of fighting for justice. You should be an organizer with at least one cycle of experience eager to build an army of people who together will protect all Floridians’ right to vote. You do not need to be an attorney.
- Demonstrated ability to stand up large-scale, diverse volunteer organizations that effectively deliver results by motivating and holding volunteers accountable for their goals. Adept at using data to inform strategy development, monitor progress to goal, and report on and analyze outcomes, including familiarity with VAN/Votebuilder, LBJ, Excel, and other tools.
- Superb project management skills: Demonstrated excellence in developing and leading the execution of multiple, complex projects simultaneously. Able to spot issues ahead of time, creatively resolve them, and keep the team on track to meet its goals.
- Strong lens and judgment on issues of race and equity: Clearly and consistently articulates a sophisticated understanding of racial equity and structural racism as it relates to the work we do and how we operate internally at FDP. Organizes from a racial justice perspective, with emphasis on voter suppression’s disproportionate impact on communities of color.
- Commitment to Democratic values and electing Democrats in Florida
Salary for this position is $6,000 a month with employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
This role will be based in person in Orlando Florida, and the ability to work remotely will not be available.
We are hiring immediately for this role.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.