Deputy Organizing Director - Florida Coordinated Campaign
Orlando, Florida /
2022 Florida Coordinated Campaign – Organizing /
The Florida Democratic Coordinated Campaign is seeking a skilled and experienced Deputy Organizing Director to join our growing team. 2022 will be a critical election year in Florida, with highly-competitive races up and down the ballot, including nationally-watched races for U.S. Senate, Governor and U.S. Congress in the most diverse battleground in the country. The Coordinated Campaign will build the statewide turnout operation needed to mobilize and persuade voters to support Florida Democrats in November 2022. Starting the earliest in a decade the Florida Coordinated Campaign will be engaging with voters where they are at, in the language that they speak to deliver votes for the Democratic Ticket!
The Deputy Organizing Directors will assist the management of Regional Organizing Directors and Organizers across their regions. DODs will play a major role in hiring RODs and Organizers for the entire organizing program. They will assist the Organizing Director with developing statewide organizing strategies and ensuring their regions are meeting the goals outlined in the organizing plan. Deputy Organizing Directors will be given ownership of various tasks to help the broader organizing team, including specific projects that may involve other departments.
The Deputy Organizing Directors will report to the Organizing Director.
- Hire and manage a team that includes Regional Organizing Directors, and Organizers
- Oversee the implementation of the Coordinated Campaign’s statewide Organizing program within your assigned regions
- Devise strategies and systems that allow your regions to successfully meet daily and weekly organizing metrics, and adhere to established data standards
- Work with the Training Director to facilitate the success of the Coordinated Campaign’s training program and statewide events
- Provide professional development to and mentorship to all Organizing staff within your regions
- Motivate a large and diverse team to flourish in a fast-paced and rigorous work environment
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Organizing Director
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ cycles of organizing experience, along with at least 1 cycle of staff management experience, preferably as a Regional Organizing Director on a coordinated campaign staff
- Proven fluency with NGP VAN and other data infrastructure
- Ability to create a strong, inclusive management culture that supports a talented and diverse staff
- Capacity to create and operate advanced internal tracking systems
- Attention to detail, highly-developed organizational skills, and the ability to collaborate with stakeholders across all levels of our organization
- Aptitude for balancing multiple projects and deadlines
- Desire to receive constructive coaching and grow as a professional
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work long, irregular hours
Salary for this position is $6,000 a month with employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
This role will be based in person in Orlando Florida, and the ability to work remotely will not be available.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be filled as quickly as the right candidate is identified with a rolling start date.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.