Voter File Manager
Florida Democratic Party – Data /
The Florida Democratic Party is seeking a full-time Voter File Manager to manage the party’s voter data and ensure that it meets the needs of the State Party, county party organizations, state and federal campaigns, and activist groups. The Voter File Manager will report to the Data, Security, & Analytics Director or the Deputy Data Director in their absence. They will be responsible for obtaining and applying updates to the voter file, organizing voter data, and providing training and support to campaigns and committees across the state.
At the Florida Democratic Party we view the data department’s core competency as solving problems that involve data and information, informing investment and programmatic decisions with quality data, and protecting data using sophisticated tools and training. As part of this core competency, we administer VAN in partnership with county parties and campaigns; create reports to support the work that staff and volunteers are doing throughout the state of Florida; and implement and train our candidates, elected officials, Party leadership and partners on cyber security and data security best practices. In addition, the data team is responsible for generating targets for voter outreach, and tracking progress to goals across all departments. Ultimately, we work to ensure that the Florida Democratic Party has the data, analytics, advanced technologies, and cutting edge cyber security tools to win elections.
- Administer the Florida Democratic Party’s VoteBuilder committee
- Maintain and update key datasets, such as the statewide voter file, polling locations, and election returns
- Clean and organize existing voter information to make it more easily accessible
- Provide training, documentation, office hours, and helpdesk support to Florida VAN users
- Meet with local parties and caucuses to discuss their common needs and find workable solutions
- Implement systems for data sharing and access within VAN for various organization types
- Managing a robust Voter Registration program reaching all corners of the sunshine state
- Assist the Field, Voter Protection, and Municipal Victory departments with any and all data needs
- Coordinate with staff on the creation, execution, and analysis of targeted voter contact universes
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with VAN/VoteBuilder as both a user and an administrator
- Familiarity with advanced spreadsheet formulas, and conditional formatting
- Ability to communicate technical information to a wide audience in a clear, succinct manner
- Prior experience as staff on a campaign (data and/or field experience preferred)
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)
- Basic understanding of working with data in SQL, preferably in Phoenix or BigQuery
- Familiarity with Google Data Studio, QGIS, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Experience with using Jira, NGP 8, DNC Portal, and Progress Wiki are all a plus
- Position is based in Florida
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable mode of transportation, and the ability to travel throughout the state for more than a day at a time
- Core hours are 9:00 – 6:00, Monday through Friday. However, you must have the willingness and flexibility to work beyond core hours, including nights and weekends, particularly during periods leading up to key election dates
$44,000 - $49,000 a year
The Florida Democratic Party offers a competitive salary and benefit package with the opportunity for growth. This is a full-time position and available immediately. Position salary is negotiable and based on experience. Position includes full health, dental, and vision benefits.
The Florida Democratic Party is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The FDP is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.