Director of Programs
Orlando, FL /
FRRC seeks a highly experienced, motivated, talented and dynamic individual to serve as a Director of Programs to lead FRRC engagement in various initiatives. The Director of Programs is responsible for developing and implementing plans to win campaigns in Florida, maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of FRRC’s initiatives, implementing dynamic curriculums to provide training and capacity building activities for FRRC Core Leaders, and implementing strategies to advance the growth of FRRC Membership and Regional Chapters.
The Director of Programs is an exempt position and will be part of the Senior Leadership Team. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and executes a strategy that includes and coherently integrates FRRC’s overall program activities in the field, including long-term and short-term campaigns, on-going tactics like public education and base-building as well as specific efforts like rapid response or events.
- Coordinates with other Departments to ensure that the Program Department’s activities align with FRRC’s overall strategy and goals, to provide support and to execute the shared work of the organization.
- Coordinates with additional external stakeholders as needed.
- Establish an overall annual program budget and then monitor each program to make sure the budget is not exceeded.
- Develop comprehensive progress reports on all active programs to be submitted to the executive staff each week.
- Develop an effective plan of action for running FRRC programs from inception to completion.
- Manage daily operations that support and implement existing program objectives.
- Strategically map-out a program schedule and timeline and ensure it is followed.
- Oversee and advise program staff in various tasks.
- Ensure the smooth and proper functioning of current programs.
- Assess and manage program risks.
- Suggest innovative plans and processes to improve program functions.
- Develop work systems and processes that effectively drive productivity.
- Suggest and help create marketing initiatives to increase awareness of the program.
- Set goals for the programs and track progress, set-backs, and overall performance.
- Track, record, and compile program performance data.
- Analyze program results and present findings to management.
- Seek out new and creative program ideas to implement.
- Prepare and maintain budgets.
- Help secure and manage program funding.
- Provide strategic vision and strong leadership while directing FRRC programs.
- Ensure programs always support and advance the organization’s mission.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred, or equivalent job-related work experience required.
- At least 5 years of experience in community, labor, or grassroots organizing.
- Experience managing a diverse staff and working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for criminal justice and the mission of FRRC.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in using Google's G-Suite.
- Collaboration skills.
- Time management.
- Communication proficiency.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and organizations.
- The Director Programs will interact most frequently with the Executive Director, Political Director and Director of Operations, as well as the members of the Organizing team.
- This person will also interact frequently with FRRC members, community stakeholders, and coalition partners.
- The Director of Programs is regularly required to sit, stand, walk. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- The Director of Programs will typically work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends. Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally on occasion.
- This position requires the use of reliable transportation for business and must carry auto insurance and have a valid current driver’s license.
- Office employees will normally work in an office environment (Orlando-based HQ) with some time spent working in the field.
- Remote employees will normally work in the field with some time spent working in the (Orlando-based HQ) office.
- Noise level is moderate, with some frequency of interruptions.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
FRRC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or identity, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status or current employment status.