Orlando, FL or Remote (FL)
Full-Time Permanent or Temporary
FRRC seeks a highly motivated, talented and dynamic individual to serve as an Organizer in an assigned region or issue area. The Organizer is responsible for implementing plans to win campaigns in Florida, providing training and capacity building activities for FRRC Core Leaders, recruiting and developing FRRC Fellows to build out Membership and Regional Chapters in their assigned area.
The Organizer is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement a range of Field Program activities based on the overall strategy in a specific region or within specific parameters as laid out by the Field Manager.
- Meets key benchmarks for voter registration, public education, recruiting activists, members and leaders and other goals based on the overall strategy through tactics like canvassing, phone banking, public events, etc.
- Builds relationships with individuals, organizations, and other stakeholders to advance the strategy and meet goals.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding of issues facing Returning Citizens including, but not limited to, low income and minority communities.
- Knowledge of a wide range of organizing strategies and tactics.
- Ability to execute campaign goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with local allies and leaders.
- Intellectual drive, a progressive outlook, and the entrepreneurial spirit to carry out programs in accord with FRRC’s mission and values.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and desire for social change.
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, have proven leadership capability, and the ability to handling multiple responsibilities.
- Possess qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for FRRC’s mission.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution of higher learning preferred, or equivalent job-related work experience required.
- At least 2 years of experience in community, labor, or grassroots organizing.
- Experience managing a diverse staff and working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for criminal justice and the mission of FRRC.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in using Google's G-Suite.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Time Management.
- Effective Communication.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and organizations.
- The Organizer will interact most frequently with the Director of Programs and the members of the Organizing team. In addition, this person will also interact frequently with FRRC members, community stakeholders, and coalition partners.
- The Organizer is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and canvass to organize in a specified community for up to 20 hours per week.
- The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Manual Dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, tablet, mobile and desktop telephone system.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Must be able to withstand extreme heat, cold and rain.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally on occasion.
- This person will be required to use their personal vehicle for business, must carry auto insurance and have a current valid driver’s license.
- Office employees will normally work in an office environment (Orlando based HQ) with some time spent working in the field.
- Remote employees will normally work in the field with some time spent working in the (Orlando based HQ) office.
- Noise level is moderate, with some frequency of interruptions.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
FRRC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or identity, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status or current employment status.