Senior Product Manager - Machine Learning and Classification
Product – Product Managers
Flow is a SaaS e-commerce platform that enables brands and retailers to become international and sell cross-border. Flow’s API driven platform enables merchants to sell & ship globally from their own sites, solving all cross-border pain points throughout the entire e-commerce supply chain, such as local payment methods, international shipping options, and all aspects of the upstream site localization such as duty/tax calculation, local pricing and product restrictions. These challenges create enormous friction to selling globally for merchants. The result is a next generation platform for cross-border commerce, focused on the customer experience and on maximizing conversion rates.
Flow has raised $55m+ in funding (most recently Series B) from NEA, Amex Venture, Bain Capital Ventures, Forerunner and Fung Capital and more.
About the Role:
Historically, retailers have had to deploy large staffs to classify and duty their products for cross-border sale; making it a barrier to expanding their business internationally. Flow is reshaping the way these processes work with automation and machine learning; you’ll lead a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to solve complex problems in this space. You’ll improve existing products and solve new problems around:
Data Duty Rates and Calculation
There is no such thing as a typical day at Flow, but you can expect that you’ll go from giving presentations to high level executives in and outside of the organization to working on processes for creating training data sets.
The position will report into the SVP of Product and will be located in our Dublin, Ireland office.
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the complex product classification and duty calculation space
- Define and frame complex problems for a team of product engineers and data scientists
- Identify great product opportunities and make recommendations about what the team should (or shouldn’t) prioritize, with strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Define criteria for product success and conduct constant evaluation of solutions to inform future product decisions
- Own the definition and successful delivery of products and features from end-to-end, doing whatever it takes to help the team succeed
- Be an expert and a reference on how products at Flow work
- Comfortable engaging with all levels of leadership, including the CEO, CTO, VPs, etc. to gather data on the most important priorities for the company
- Collaborative and earn the respect of engineers, designers, and stakeholders by working closely with each to ensure great product solutions
- Have a desire to to be a Flow subject matter expert and are not satisfied until you know the ins and outs of how a product works
- Engaged with the industry and you stay on top of new technology and strategies to bring the best of what is out there to the table to constantly improve on what you have to offer your clients
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- 5+ years working in software/internet product management
- Thrive in the startup environment
- Worked closely with Agile
- Experience working closely with designers, engineers, and business stakeholders
- Product experience and interest in machine learning and/or customs clearance a huge plus
About The Product Team:
The Product Team at Flow, inclusive of Product, Design/UX, and Data, works with the whole of the business to bring Flow’s platform, products, and features to life. Through engagement with Customer Success, Onboarding, Customer Service, Sales and more, the Product teams seeks to understand the global problems that we are solving and guide Flow’s products to be simple for our merchants and brands to integrate and operate. We team up with engineers to build beautiful and functional user experiences, and love solving hard problems elegantly. The Product Team operates in product briefs, user and market research, use case development, project and issue tracking, prototyping, UX and UI design specs, and facilitating workshops with key stakeholders. We are passionate about being empathetic for our customers, break down problems into solvable challenges, and support our teams and team members.
At Flow, we're looking for people with a passion for learning and a willingness to make an impact. We love problem-solvers and out-of-the-box thinkers. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We’d love to get a chance to connect with talented and ambitious individuals. At Flow, we welcome diverse perspectives and people that enjoy being challenged. Join us!
Flow is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!