Senior Product Manager - Console
Product – Product Managers
Flow is a SaaS e-commerce platform that enables brands and retailers to become international and sell cross-border. Flow’s API driven platform enables merchants to sell & ship globally from their own sites, solving all cross-border pain points throughout the entire e-commerce supply chain, such as local payment methods, international shipping options, and all aspects of the upstream site localization such as duty/tax calculation, local pricing and product restrictions. These challenges create enormous friction to selling globally for merchants. The result is a next generation platform for cross-border commerce, focused on the customer experience and on maximizing conversion rates.
Flow has raised $55m+ in funding (most recently Series B) from NEA, Amex Venture, Bain Capital Ventures, Forerunner and Fung Capital and more.
About the role:
Flow is in the business of making what is normally difficult and complex in the world of global e-commerce simple and elegant. You will lead a critical part of that mission. Flow’s Console is the primary portal and user interface for our B2B clients, many of whom do not come from a technical or operations background. From simplifying how to manage localization settings for 180+ regions to configuring global shipping lanes, the Product lead for Flow’s Console will be critical to it all. You will use your ability to solve complex problems and engage your strong sense of design and user experience to create innovative solutions to problems that have never been solved elegantly before.
There is no such thing as a typical day at Flow, but you can expect that you’ll go from giving presentations to high level executives in and outside of the organization to working closely with client users to understand their day-to-day workflow and pain points.
The position will report into the SVP of Product and will be located in our Hoboken office.
- Understand and research critical pain points our clients have and providing simple solutions for them
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of global commerce and how the Flow Console helps our clients set up, manage, and understand their global business
- Enable users to manage and utilize infinite permutations of localization configurations
- Own best-in-class product and technical documentation
- Define and frame complex problems for a team of product engineers, user researchers, and designers
- Identify great product opportunities and make recommendations about what the team should (or shouldn’t) prioritize, with strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Define criteria for product success and conduct constant evaluation of solutions to inform future product decisions
- Own the definition and successful delivery of products and features from end-to-end, doing whatever it takes to help the team succeed
- Provide reason and logic behind decisions with strong data and analysis
- Be an expert and a reference on how products at Flow work
- Empathetic and comfortable with engaging with all levels of leadership, including the CEO, CTO, VPs, etc. to gather data on the most important priorities for the company and our clients
- Collaborative and earn the respect of engineers, designers, and stakeholders by working closely with each to ensure great product solutions
- Have a desire to to be a Flow subject matter expert and are not satisfied until you know the ins and outs of how a product works
- Engaged with the industry, staying on top of new technology and strategies and bringing the best of what’s out there to the table to constantly improve our products
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with and building software user interfaces
- Experience working closely with designers, frontend and backend engineers, and business stakeholders
- Product experience in SaaS, client-facing tools, and/or global commerce a huge plus
About The Product Team:
The Product Team at Flow, inclusive of Product Management, Design/UX, and Data, works with the whole of the business to bring Flow’s platform, products, and features to life. Through engagement with Customer Success, Onboarding, Customer Service, Sales and more, the Product teams seeks to understand the global problems that we are solving and guide Flow’s products to be simple for our merchants and brands to integrate and operate. We team up with engineers to build beautiful and functional user experiences, and love solving hard problems elegantly. The Product Team operates in product briefs, user and market research, use case development, project and issue tracking, prototyping, UX and UI design specs, and facilitating workshops with key stakeholders. We are passionate about being empathetic for our customers, break down problems into solvable challenges, and support our teams and team members.
At Flow, we're looking for people with a passion for learning and a willingness to make an impact. We love problem-solvers and out-of-the-box thinkers. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We’d love to get a chance to connect with talented and ambitious individuals. At Flow, we welcome diverse perspectives and people that enjoy being challenged. Join us!
Flow is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!