Sr. Frontend Engineer
Engineering – Frontend
Flow is a SaaS e-commerce platform that enables brands and retailers to become international and sell cross-border. Flow’s API driven platform enables merchants to sell & ship globally from their own sites, solving all cross-border pain points throughout the entire e-commerce supply chain, such as local payment methods, international shipping options, and all aspects of the upstream site localization such as duty/tax calculation, local pricing and product restrictions. These challenges create enormous friction to selling globally for merchants. The result is a next generation platform for cross-border commerce, focused on the customer experience and on maximizing conversion rates.
Flow has raised $55m+ in funding (most recently Series B) from NEA, Amex Venture, Bain Capital Ventures, Forerunner and Fung Capital and more.
About the Role:
We’re rethinking the way brands do business with their retail customers around the world. As a Sr. Frontend Engineer at Flow you’ll join a team of engineers, designers, and product managers to bring value to our core business. This role will focus on transforming ideas into products that connect our clients to their customers across the globe. You will build and support the technologies that power the digital side of our business, from our client facing console to order fulfillment. You will work cross functionally to build exceptional experiences and help our platform better support our evolving business. Our product is built on microservice architecture (Scala backends, ReactJS frontends), using API-first software development, and continuously delivered.
This position will report into our Engineering Manager and will be based in our Hoboken office.
- Collaborate with our product team to gather requirements, understand constraints, and make design tradeoffs to resolve problems
- Drive evolution of our technology stack ensuring Flow adopts community best practices across the organization
- Create features for our client facing applications as well as consumer facing tools
- Share your expertise by providing guidance and direction to more junior members of the team
- Work closely with Product and Design teams to cultivate intuitive and easy user experiences
- Experienced developing web applications using modern tools such as TypeScript, NodeJS, Webpack, React, etc
- Comfortable discussing topics with backend engineers such as microservices, AWS and event sourcing
- Act like an owner and take pride in your work
- Equipped with a strong eye for detail and a taste for aesthetics
- Able to empathize with the user experience and translate their needs into code
- Capable of taking requirements and designing elegant technical solutions as well as communicating a plan of action on how to execute with the rest of the team
- Keen to work in small collaborative teams with people that appreciate high quality code
- A teacher, you like to share your knowledge base and get a kick out of watching members of your team grow in their own knowledge and skill set
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field from an accredited university; or equivalent experience (based on 3 years of relevant work experience for every 1 year of education)
- A solid coding background, good design sense, and like to apply cutting edge technologies at scale
- Experience mentoring other software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective and productive
About our Software Development:
Flow practices and pioneers continuous delivery with a constant flow of changes to our software from development through automated testing into production, deploying updates into the production environment multiple times a day with a tight feedback loop through canary deploys, production metrics monitoring, and alerting. This allows us to build software rapidly, confidently, and iteratively, testing in production and substantially reducing the latency that more traditional development methods incur. At the same time, this approach minimizes both the risk as well as the blast radius of bugs, and ensures our clients gain immediate value from our updates and new features.
At Flow, we're looking for people with a passion for learning and a willingness to make an impact. We love problem-solvers and out-of-the-box thinkers. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We’d love to get a chance to connect with talented and ambitious individuals. At Flow, we welcome diverse perspectives and people that enjoy being challenged. Join us!
Flow is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!