Senior Product Designer
Product – Design
Flow is a SaaS e-commerce platform that enables brands and retailers to become international and sell cross-border. Flow’s API driven platform enables merchants to sell & ship globally from their own sites, solving all cross-border pain points throughout the entire e-commerce supply chain, such as local payment methods, international shipping options, and all aspects of the upstream site localization such as duty/tax calculation, local pricing and product restrictions. These challenges create enormous friction to selling globally for merchants. The result is a next generation platform for cross-border commerce, focused on the customer experience and on maximizing conversion rates.
Flow has raised $55m+ in funding (most recently Series B) from NEA, Amex Venture, Bain Capital Ventures, Forerunner and Fung Capital and more.
About The Role:
Flow makes the normally difficult and complex world of global e-commerce simple. You will be a critical part of that mission. We’re looking for a strong design lead to help bring the Flow vision to life using strong aesthetic sense, research-supported decision making, and customer-first experience design.
Flow’s Product Design team serves a vital role at the company, from contributing to the vision for new features through the craft of the final details in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. You’ll use your ability to solve complex problems and engage your strong sense of design and user experience to create innovative solutions to problems that have never been solved elegantly before.
The position will report into the SVP of Product and be located in our Dublin office.
- Design and build Flow’s technology products for our clients and partners, realizing end-to-end user experiences across web app, APIs, mobile apps, and browser extensions
- Design wireframes to uncover simple and easy to use solutions for complex configuration problems
- Bring wireframes to life through visual and interaction design
- Iterate through design solutions as you gather feedback and data to inform your design decisions
- Be intimately aware of customer and client pain points
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and stakeholders to create new products and improve on existing products
- Appreciative of the challenge of elegantly designing user experiences for advanced front-end architecture
- Collaborative and able to earn the respect of product managers, engineers, and stakeholders by working closely with each to ensure great design solutions
- Engaged with the industry, staying on top of new technology and strategies and bringing the best of what’s out there to the table to constantly improve our products
- Creative and have liberty in design, less bonded with rules and conventions
- Able to deliver top quality work with urgency and high productivity
- A degree from an accredited university in Design or a related field of study
- 5+ years in web & mobile user experience design, visual design, user research, and/or brand identity
- Familiarity with design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Webflow, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Expertise in UI, style documentation, iconography, and illustration
About The Product Team: The Product Team at Flow, inclusive of Product, Design/UX, and Data, works with the whole of the business to bring Flow’s platform, products, and features to life. Through engagement with Customer Success, Onboarding, Customer Service, Sales and more, the Product teams seeks to understand the global problems that we are solving and guide Flow’s products to be simple for our merchants and brands to integrate and operate. We team up with engineers to build beautiful and functional user experiences, and love solving hard problems elegantly. The Product Team operates in product briefs, user and market research, use case development, project and issue tracking, prototyping, UX and UI design specs, and facilitating workshops with key stakeholders. We are passionate about being empathetic for our customers, break down problems into solvable challenges, and support our teams and team members.
At Flow, we're looking for people with a passion for learning and a willingness to make an impact. We love problem-solvers and out-of-the-box thinkers. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We’d love to get a chance to connect with talented and ambitious individuals. At Flow, we welcome diverse perspectives and people that enjoy being challenged. Join us!
Flow is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!