Senior Backend Engineer
New York City, NY /
At a time when social media today leaves you feeling more disconnected than ever, Sidechat and Yik Yak helps you connect more deeply with the communities and interests that you care about.
* A strong founding team - the third and fourth hires of Snap, as well as the second product design hire
* Product-market fit - 2x the retention of Snap
* Strong penetration - 1 out of every 4 college students have us on their phones
Join us to help build the future of social media.
As one of the founding engineers, you will be responsible for…well pretty much everything engineering related. That means
* Working directly with the founders on specs
* Translating specs to engineering requirements
* Implementation of features
* Deployment processes
* Setting technical direction
* Recruiting your friends
We’re looking for people that have a passion for delighting users, empathize deeply with them, and have built products before.
On the backend we use Node, although no familiarity with it is required (although it's a plus!).
We move quickly. Our process is:
1. 15 min intro call
2. 45 min initial interview
3. Two hour long interviews with engineering leads
Base from 150-225K
We are based in NYC.