Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited too, come work with us!
Flow Kana is looking to hire an experienced IT Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs.
The successful candidate will have improved skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry best practice processes.
What you'll do
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems,
- Manage security monitoring, reviews & audits
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle budget and ensure cost-effectiveness
- Monitor and manage full stack multi-site Meraki network
- Monitor and manage cloud-based (AWS) systems and services
- Institute protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Provide technical support or training for systems and networks
- Install and configure software and hardware (printers, networking hardware and computers).
- Maintain licenses and upgrade schedules
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Potential to manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, contractors and other contributors, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
What you'll need
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or similar relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with Meraki networks, network administration and Meraki hardware installation
- Hands-on experience with monitoring and management of AWS environment
- Ability to manage personnel
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and cloud applications (eg G Suite)
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities
- Certification (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, AWS etc.) is a plus
- Familiarity with “DevOps” practices to support a modern development and deployment environment a plus.
- Willingness to travel across all locations
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else. We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown.
Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.