Sourcing and Supply Specialist
We pride ourselves on being the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. Flow Kana partners with, and gives scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners, including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, all who share these values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis, including where and how it is grown. Using only organic methods, our independent farmer network are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique and harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
As a company we value humility, accountability, kindness, grit and a pioneering spirit. Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis will play an important role in treating many common medical conditions.
We are looking for a Sourcing and Supply Specialist for our Farmer and Farm Supply Operations team to help develop and maintain an ongoing supply network of cannabis product to meet our production needs. You will maintain relationships with a broad network of farmers statewide; sourcing material in accordance with Flow Kana’s values, ensuring enough supply to support forecasted demand, maintain healthy inventory minimums, and advance brand growth.
What You'll Do
- Design cannabis product need categories in collaboration with Farmer Relations, upstream operations, and Revenue teams
- Develop and maintain cannabis product supply network based on need categories
- Develop purchasing specifications and value rubrics for trim, bucked, smalls, and biomass categories
- Maintain forecasted demand schedule across all product categories
- Ensure timely purchases to support forecasted demand, maintain healthy inventory minimums, and support brand growth
- Source material in accordance with Flow Kana’s values and standards for agronomic sustainability, quality, and market requirements
- Execute supplier contracts
- Ensure accountability with all state regulations as well as Flow Kana’s internal accounting strategy through diligent communications and accurate record-keeping
- Act as point of contact for supply verification and fulfillment for Sales and Revenue teams
- Frequent travel and consultations to supplier locations throughout the state of California
What You'll Need
- B.A or equivalent education/experience
- Relevant experience in procurement and inventory management of specialty products
- Strong background in cannabis cultivation and cannabis quality assessment required
- Experience in demand forecasting, data analysis and evaluation
- Relevant experience in negotiations
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Obsessed with continuous improvement in the workplace
- Self-motivated and collaborative work ethic
- Be an expert collaborator and work effectively across broad networks
- Cannabis supply relationships in good standing
- Clean driving record
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.