Culver City, CA
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
Flow Kana is looking for an energetic, creative and proactive Office Manager to run the daily operations of our new Culver City office! We see our Office Manager as the heart and hand of up-keeping and improving our office space for the betterment of the team, the community, and the environment.
In managing the day to day functions of the office, you will play a critical role championing company culture, creating a lasting first impression on new hires and guests, and executing on all office needs. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys the dynamic nature of a fast-paced environment, and has an in depth understanding of what it means to work at a company that is focused on sustainability, community, teamwork, and collaboration across locations.
As a member of the People Operations team, you’ll be measured by the responsiveness and follow through on all tasks relating to this role. You’ll also be entrusted with ensuring the day-to-day office operations run as smooth as butter while empowering the rest of the company to be accountable and autonomous.
Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
What you'll do
- Manage all aspects of the daily functions of the office
- Manage all matters pertaining to reception/office appearance and utilities
- Greet visitors and candidates that come into the office
- Assist People Ops with new hire on-boarding to include setting up badge, ordering business cards, ensuring desk and equipment are ready for first day
- Lead office related meetings and plan agenda with participation of other departments
- Be point of contact for day to day security
- Keep the company well-fed by organizing delicious company lunches and stocking our kitchen with a refreshing and healthy variety of snacks and beverages
- Order office supplies and IT equipment
- Serve as the trusted go-to person for office-related questions and needs
- Partner with People Operations on events held in our Culver City office
- Ensure company meetings run smoothly including web conferencing setup
- Plan employee social calendar, facilitate and execute events, create and lead culture committee
- Partner with People Operations to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Coordinate with IT department on new hire setup
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Take lead on space planning for the Culver City office
- Provide administrative support to People Operations team and other departments upon request
- Manage expenditures for cost saving solutions
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and building landlord and handyman
- Lead facilitation of office moves
- Handle other special projects as assigned
- We’re a startup, so we wear a lot of different hats!
What you'll need
- 5 years + Office Management experience in a fast paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to fully own projects and processes
- Ownership: a sense of empowerment to resolve your own problems, make decisions, and trust your own good judgement
- A service-oriented mentality and a willingness to proactively identify, own and resolve issues around the office
- A passion for creating memorable experiences and building new things
- Impeccable attention to detail and an interest in office aesthetics
- Multitasking is second nature
- A calm sense when things get hectic
- A collaborative attitudeWillingness and ability to implement changes and process improvements with confidence
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, Excel and Google Calendar / Google Docs
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else. We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown.
Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.