Flow Kana is a leader in sustainable, sun-grown cannabis representing two of California's most special micro-climates and the small farmer ecosystems. We give scale to premier, artisan farmers in Mendocino County and Southern Humboldt by distributing branded products through both wholesale and retail channels.
As a leader in California cannabis, Flow Kana has notably and strategically purchased an 80-acre, 85,000 square foot historic family winery in Mendocino which is being converted into the largest-ever cannabis processing and distribution center in Northern California.
About the Role
The Product Manager will partner with engineering, user experience and key stakeholders to develop a host of applications that represent supply chain management, inventory forecasting, farmer apps, wholesale buyer portals, BI tools, and online e-commerce systems.
- Prioritize and deliver solutions for our internal teams, farmers and customers that both create competitive advantage and adhere to regulatory guidelines
- Analyze business and supply-chain workflows to optimize processes
- Create effective agile product specifications, flow charts, wireframes and presentations
- Conduct user research, analyze data or use innovation frameworks to guide product direction
- Build product release plans that include: product quality goals and testing, documentation, support training, sales training, and marketing preparation
- Drive and support agile project management and development processes, as well as a nimble team mindset
- Develop a deep understanding of Flow Kana's customers, farmer suppliers, and business operations
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of product management experience
- Deep understanding of, and empathy for, users and co-workers
- Exceptional leadership, communication and storytelling skills that are both transparent and appropriately challenging
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify risks, weaknesses and difficulties
- Excellent time management skills and be able to manage to tight deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Agile development and planning methodologies
- Exudes an innate entrepreneurial drive
- A passion to learn and grow with the company
- Maintains high ethical standards and a positive, professional demeanor
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Supply chain or agriculture domain experience
- Appreciation for environmentally sustainable business models and the clean cannabis movement (desired)
Why Join Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry by as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of an entire industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis can play an emerging role in treating many common medical conditions, as well as provide important tax and societal benefits. We also believe in the opportunity to build an agricultural model centered around small, independent farmers which could be replicated around the world. If this gets you excited, too, we encourage you to inquire about a career with Flow Kana.