Safety & Security Manager
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
Reporting to the VP Real Estate, the Safety and Security Manger is responsible for the design and development of all safety, risk and security management policies, protocols, plans and initiatives for all of Flow Kana’s property. This includes responsibility for strategic, operational, and tactical risk and security management, and aligning risk mitigation and crisis management strategies with corporate and business interests.
What you'll do
- Ongoing development and review of corporate wide security plans and protocols that assess current threats and vulnerabilities, identifies protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate strategic objectives
- Ensures cost efficient and effective utilization of security resources
- Perform security and risk assessments of all facilities, including security equipment condition and function to ensure constant compliance with applicable regulations
- Provide guidance on how real estate projects may be designed to mitigate risk while meeting company goals and mission objectives
- Oversee Security Managers, vendors, and staff who safeguard the Company’s assets and the physical safety of employees and visitors and build sustainable relationships to instill trust
- Manage the development, implementation and continuous refinement of physical / facilities security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security protocols
- Advise senior leaders on pertinent issues
- Work cross functionally with Legal, Human Resources, Operations, Logistics and Real Estate & Facilities to provide thorough analysis of security risks and development of mitigating strategies
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and practices in security force and program management
- Represents organization on industry related committees and professional organizations while maintaining and cultivating professional networking relationships across federal, state, local and private sector arenas
- Maintain and update, as required, comprehensive security policies, plans, and emergency procedures
- Responsible for the entire operations, staffing and equipment of the Security Department.
- Provide guidance and counsel to senior corporate management regarding the impact of national developments, risk, local and regional threats, and crisis events on safety and asset security
- Develop safety procedures and policies in accordance with applicable state regulatory agencies and bodies as well as NIST, NFPA, DOJ, DEA, DHS, FEMA, OSHA, NIOSH, and ASIS/ANSI and ASIS/SHRM/ANSI Standards, Guidelines, Laws and Rules
- Standardize security systems (BMS, CCTV, access control, alarm, etc.) across company facilities throughout the State of California
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with governmental entities, including working with local law enforcement, fire departments, etc. to proactively protect Flow Kana’s people and property
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education in Security Administration or Management, Criminology, Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice, Law, Business Administration, or equivalent field, a CPP certification is desired and an advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of proven security or compliance experience with 4+ years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels within an organization, particularly senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a matrixed, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to think critically and strategically align programs and projects to business objectives.
- Detailed oriented and organized
- High ethical standards a must.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule based upon the demands of the business with up to 50% travel time.
- Must be able to lift 50 or more lbs