Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
As Flow Kana’s Accountant, reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for accounting operations and management across Flow Kana.
What You'll Do
- The Accountant will report to the Controller and assist in the preparation and management of consolidated financials for all company entities
- Perform all day-to-day accounting activities, including reconciliation of bank statements, cash management across several entities’ bank accounts, processing of vendor payments and deposits, entry into and maintenance of Xero
- Work with vendors, customers, and members to ensure AR/AP accounting is done in a timely manner - completely and accurately
- Monthly Balance Sheet Account reconciliations, including assessment of reconciling items
- Coordinate state and federal tax calendar and filings with internal and external accounting teams
- Maintain and organize accurate reports and company files
- Assist with special projects impacting the health of the business
- Propose solutions to improve scalability and efficiency of existing processes
- Plan workload in advance and proactively reach out to other team members to remove roadblocks
What You'll Need
- 6-8 years of progressive accounting experience; cannabis background not required
- Be able to operate relatively independently
- Oversee AR/AP, Financial Reporting, Financial Controls
- Experience using Xero Software for accounting activities, Sage/Intacct and other ERP systems also helpful but not required
- Working use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Ability to work independently, be a critical thinker, take initiative and make decisions in a constantly-changing industry
- High-level, circumspect, thoughtful and nuanced approach to problem solving
- Desire to be on the cutting edge of a rapidly-growing and transformative industry
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional business stakeholders
- An analytical mind that can streamline processes and make things more efficient
- Uncompromising integrity, exceptional judgment, positive attitude and interest in being challenged every day is a must
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and commercial skills
- High-potential self-starter with superb attention to detail, an ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment and a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and own processes
- Project management skills
- Grit and passion to be part of a a socially and environmentally conscious cannabis company
- Startup experience preferred, but not required
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.