Farmer Relations Account Managers
We pride ourselves on being the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. Flow Kana partners with, and gives scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners, including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, all who share these values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis, including where and how it is grown. Using only organic methods, our independent farmer network are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique and harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
As a company we value humility, accountability, kindness, grit and a pioneering spirit. Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis will play an important role in treating many common medical conditions.
We are seeking two Farmer Relations Account Managers who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of farmer accounts and related inquiries. This includes soliciting and managing data for numerous accounts simultaneously, working collaboratively with administrative teams at Flow Kana, and with purchasing operations to ensure accurate and efficient management of our farmer partner accounts. Account Managers have the unique task of collecting, organizing, and distributing information between Flow Kana’s internal departments and individual farmers, as well as advocating for farmers’ needs in an ever-changing regulatory system.
Day-to-day activities include: farmer-direct communications; product supply management; data collection and reconciliation; working knowledge of ongoing state and county regulatory changes; CRM database management; assisting with events and programs; being a farmer-level voice in Flow Kana’s policy formulation. This position strives to achieve fulfillment of our commitment and mission to partner with small farmers to provide a scalable platform that allows them to tell their story, distribute their products statewide and focus on doing what they love: farming sustainably - and all the while keeping the value they create within their local communities.
The ideal candidates have a high level of knowledge around cannabis and cannabis cultivation practices, are adaptable, self-motivated and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience and passion for service roles, and are clearly able to relay market information and procurement policies to existing and prospective farm partners.
What You'll Do
- Facilitate consistent, constructive dialogue with farmer partners through each unique beat of the harvest calendar
- Collect and integrate farm-level data to inform key procurement and farmer success initiatives at Flow Kana
- Communicate Flow Kana’s key business activities, contract workflow, and community initiatives to farmer partners to support harvest forecasting and finance management
- Communicate market-wide perspective and forecasting goals to farmer partners to support individual cultivation strategies
- Maintain up-to-date customer relationship management (CRM) database for maximum accountability
- Perform routine scheduled payments in person with partner farmers and maintain up-to-date accounting data
- Perform routine scheduled farm visits
- Maintain a growth mindset with operating procedures as part of a high-growth company in a newly regulated agricultural industry
- Use key performance indicators to pursue success individually and department-wide
What You'll Need
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of the cannabis industry and cultivation practices
- Computer proficiency including familiarity with Google suite
- Experience in formal negotiation and/or conflict resolution
- Experience in project management and task-based teamwork
- Experience using CRM systems
- Experience in data or information management
- Enthusiasm for high-growth business environments and constantly-evolving workflows
- Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to balance workload and priority
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Why Join Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry by as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of an entire industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis can play an emerging role in treating many common medical conditions, as well as provide important tax and societal benefits. We also believe in the opportunity to build an agricultural model centered around small, independent farmers which could be replicated around the world.