Senior Director, Marketing Operations
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
We're looking for a Senior Director of Marketing Operations who will be responsible for organizing, planning and directing the Flow Kana marketing plan and streamline the marketing procedures while seeking to improve the marketing processes.
What you'll do
- Develop and implement processes, tools, metrics, initiatives, infrastructure and technology that will support and improve the operations of the Marketing functions
- Create and oversee the maintenance of a shared knowledge portal and repository of best practices & departmental SOPs
- Direct the operational and administrative activities for the department of the CMO
- Produce weekly performance & progress reports for marketing operation projects underway, consolidating information and providing end-to-end metrics visibility
- Establish project schedules and work plans to support the smooth development of programs and processes on behalf of the marketing department
- Develop, track and manage the annual operational marketing budget
- Benchmark the organization’s current marketing activities, performance and investment against industry best practices on a quarterly basis
- Identify, recommend and lead the implementation of these opportunities, including directing cross-functional implementation teams, in an effort to increase overall effectiveness of the marketing organization
- Ensure information flow to and from the marketing department and periodically acts on behalf of the CMO with leadership, employees and key support groups – Legal, Finance, HR, Sales, Logistics, Brand Partners, etc.
- Continuously collaborate with PR, Brand, Digital and Creative to ensure a shared vision and strategy is communicated throughout the marketing department
- Continuously coordinate & collaborate with Revenue Operations personnel to ensure functional alignment around various marketing activities — particularly as they pertain to Event Marketing & Trade Marketing
- Facilitate the Marketing leadership team meetings and discussions, ensuring the groups are working on the right things, in the right amounts, at the right times
- Provide mentorship, coaching and guidance to all members of the Marketing organization
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Marketing, Communications or relevant technical degree required
- Must have at least 15 years of related experience
- Must have at least 10 years leadership experience
- Prior experience in Trade Marketing, Event Marketing and/or Sales Operations preferred
- Must have experience with asset management: adding, editing, and deleting files on a web server (or any storage device)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to accuracy
- Experience partnering with client services & support, marketing, operations, finance, creative, and other functions as appropriate
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong project/product management and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of and/or experience in business and marketing strategies
- Experience with training employees and assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Experience in version control systems such as GIT a major plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Drive, Keynote
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Occasional travel required to other Flow Kana locations
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else. We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown.
Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.