Manufacturing Supervisor, Extraction
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Manufacturing Technicians and Operators at our manufacturing facility in Redwood Valley, CA. This is a highly collaborative role, and the Supervisor will work closely with the Manufacturing Manager to oversee the entire extraction process.
What you'll do
- Oversee the extraction process from start to finish ensuring accuracy and quality control
- Maintain a culture of safety and follow all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe and clean work environment for all team members
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Approve timecards and time off requests
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching on individual and team performance and development; issue corrective actions as needed
- Work in collaboration with the Manufacturing Manager and Director of Manufacturing to ensure all extraction and manufacturing goals are met
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all products and techniques
- Maintain accurate and up to date maintenance logs for all laboratory equipment and fire suppression equipment in accordance with internal policies and state, local and federal laws
- Assist with the training of staff on operation, use and care of all equipment
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or Natural Sciences, or a related field preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience required
- 2-3 years experience in extractions of cannabis or other botanicals
- Proven ability to build and implement processes and SOPs
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience utilizing Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience with manufacturing processes and best practices in safety
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.