Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited too, come work with us!
We are looking to hire a METRC Lead that will ensure the accuracy and organization of inventory and METRC track and trace records across all relative departments. This position will initially report to the VP, Accounting and will work closely with our Finance, Procurement, Production, Compliance and Logistics Teams.
What you'll do
- Inspect METRC data, ERP data, and compile reports for accuracy and compliance with state regulations
- Work with management and team members to reduce errors in data entry and required reporting / records maintenance
- Conduct internal trainings on changes to METRC SOPs
- Regularly submit findings of physical cycle counts and inspections across METRC and ERP systems to management
- Assist with development and maintenance of SOPs for track and trace implementation and related regulatory compliance
- Auditing Inventory Control Forms in conjunction with METRC to identify discrepancies
- Performing weekly and bi-weekly audits to ensure inventory is 100% accurate and satisfies physical representation per state rules and regulations
- Reporting and identifying Root Cause for discrepancies after an audit has been performed to evaluate what issues had occurred
- Designing systems for verification of manifests to ensure proper information is correctly filled and completed prior to departures
- Designing a system for verification that packages created and broken down are correctly updated within METRC
- Preparing documentation and managing processes for cannabis waste disposal
- Other responsibilities as assigned by managers
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree preferred; High School Diploma required
- 2+ years’ experience with METRC tracking system or similar inventory tracking software in a highly regulated industry
- Experience leading inventory audits and reconciling discrepancies
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and reporting skills
- Highly detail oriented with basic understanding of inventory accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Current working knowledge of the CA cannabis industry and regulations
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing state and local regulations
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with ERP systems and their integration with METRC
- Must be able to travel, this position covers all of our facilities across the State
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else. We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown.
Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.