Administrative & Event Coordinator
We pride ourselves on being the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. Flow Kana partners with, and gives scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners, including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, all who share these values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis, including where and how it is grown. Using only organic methods, our independent farmer network are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique and harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
As a company we value humility, accountability, kindness, grit and a pioneering spirit. Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis will play an important role in treating many common medical conditions.
We are looking for an Administrative & Event Coordinator for our Farmer Growth + Development team to maintain cohesive workflow ensuring consistent and efficient operations. You will oversee and execute administrative activities to organize, design and manage the workflow of the team and encourage productivity. Event coordination activities include scheduling events, managing the attendee process, directing day‐of logistics, budgeting, and coordinating with various internal and external groups.
This role does not require full time presence at the Flow Cannabis Institute (FCI) campus in Redwood Valley. The majority of the administrative work product will be performed through email, conference calls and G Suite with a required minimum 2 days per week presence at FCI for team alignment.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong administrative background and event production experience, excellent communication and time management skills who is able to work effectively both independently and across departments and teams.
What You'll Do - Administrative
- Work collaboratively with Flow Kana’s Farmer Growth + Development team to maintain a communications database
- Provide confidential administrative support for the principal team members, to include managing the schedule/calendar, making travel arrangements, screening and handling external email communications, addressing administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate
- Maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate
- Oversee and/or participate in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects and/or events; may serve on a variety of committees in a support capacity
- Organize and facilitate meetings, conferences, etc as required
- Assist with monthly reconciliations, keep track of all office expenditures and maintain records storage
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
What You'll Do - Event Production & Management
- Assist with event development and planning to ensure an excellent event experience, to include:
- Organize facilities, people and details such as location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, etc.
- Manage farmer attendance to events
- Coordinate presenters’ invitation, and fulfillment kits and monitor related shipments
- Monitor printing and fulfillment of program materials
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders during event planning
- Work with communications/marketing to create and distribute event listing pages on farmer facing website and social media channels
- Oversee event set up, tear down and follow-ups
- Monitor and maintain inventory of event supplies
- Establish standardized event procedures; conduct staff trainings on procedures
- Build and adhere to an event budget
- Track event key performance areas and identify areas of improvement for future events
What You'll Need
- B.A. or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- 3 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to self-direct and maintain competing deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills
- Strong task and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Computer proficiency including Google and Microsoft suites
- Experience with PowerPoint and Keynote Familiarity with CRM and Project Management platforms
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.