Flow Kana is a leader in sustainable, sun-grown cannabis representing two of California's most special micro-climates and the small farmer ecosystems. We give scale to premier, artisan farmers in Mendocino County and Southern Humboldt by distributing branded products through both wholesale and retail channels.
As a company we value humility, accountability, kindness, grit and a pioneering spirit. Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis will play an important role in treating many common medical conditions.
We are looking for an experienced and well-organized Sales Coordinator to provide the necessary support to Sales Leadership and the Sales team. The successful candidate will become the point of reference for colleagues and partners alike, by keeping schedules and providing feedback, documentation and information. The Sales Coordinator's goal is to support the team to maximize performance and the long-lasting development of the company.
- Proactively and efficiently schedule meetings and organize complex daily calendars for senior managers
- Create detailed itineraries for travel based on the preferences of the team members you support
- Plan and attend appointments and events; this may include partner visits, buyer tours, sales team offsites, conferences and travel
- Schedule and coordinate agendas, meeting rooms, meals, create or procure materials, etc. for team meetings and other internal/external meetings held by Sales leaders
- Create regular reports and update internal databases and documents
- Act as the point of contact between senior managers and employees and/or clients; triage escalated issues to other staff where appropriate
- Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
- Take actions authorized in the senior managers’ absence and use initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred to the delegated authority and handled expeditiously; this may include communications with clients
- Ensure diligent processing of documents submitted for approval; i.e., budget requests, travel requests, expenses, purchase orders, contracts, partner marketing materials, vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring ongoing projects
- Maintain efficient record-keeping systems by assuring that accurate files are maintained for administrative files
- Record minutes of meetings; prepares and distributes copies of meeting minutes to attendees so that accurate records are kept of all meetings
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including email; prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Support sales systems related projects such as CRM or Google applications
- Serve as a project manager for special projects which may include: planning and coordinating presentations, working with internal partners to organizes company- wide events, assisting with internal and external offsite strategic planning sessions
- Assist with Sales staff new hire onboarding; work with cross-functional partners to create Sales specific training materials
- Assist with presentations for the Executive team meetings, Board meetings, and meetings with visiting VIPs
- Proven work experience as a Sales Coordinator, Executive Assistant or similar role
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Strong experience with office management systems, Google apps, MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint) and Keynote
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email, chat, and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Must be able to use tact and diplomacy
- High school degree
- Previous experience supporting an Executive in a corporate environment
- Previous experience with graphics software
- Previous experience handling travel arrangements
- Previous startup, tech or cannabis industry experience
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.