Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
We are looking for an experienced and well-organized Sales Coordinator to provide the necessary support to Sales Leadership and the Sales team. The successful candidate will become the point of reference for colleagues and partners alike, by keeping schedules and providing feedback, documentation and information. The Sales Coordinator's goal is to support the team to maximize performance and the long-lasting development of the company.
What you'll do
- Proactively and efficiently schedule meetings and organize complex daily calendars for senior managers
- Create detailed itineraries for travel based on the preferences of the team members you support
- Plan and attend appointments and events; this may include partner visits, buyer tours, sales team offsites, conferences and travel
- Schedule and coordinate agendas, meeting rooms, meals, create or procure materials, etc. for team meetings and other internal/external meetings held by Sales leaders
- Create regular reports and update internal databases and documents
- Act as the point of contact between senior managers and employees and/or clients; triage escalated issues to other staff where appropriate
- Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
- Take actions authorized in the senior managers’ absence and use initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred to the delegated authority and handled expeditiously; this may include communications with clients
- Ensure diligent processing of documents submitted for approval; i.e., budget requests, travel requests, expenses, purchase orders, contracts, partner marketing materials, vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring ongoing projects
- Maintain efficient record-keeping systems by assuring that accurate files are maintained for administrative files
- Record minutes of meetings; prepares and distributes copies of meeting minutes to attendees so that accurate records are kept of all meetings
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including email; prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Support sales systems related projects such as CRM or Google applications
- Serve as a project manager for special projects which may include: planning and coordinating presentations, working with internal partners to organizes company- wide events, assisting with internal and external offsite strategic planning sessions
- Assist with Sales staff new hire onboarding; work with cross-functional partners to create Sales specific training materials
- Assist with presentations for the Executive team meetings, Board meetings, and meetings with visiting VIPs
What you'll do
- Proven work experience as a Sales Coordinator, Executive Assistant or similar role
- Strong experience with office management systems, Google apps, MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint) and Keynote
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email, chat, and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Must be able to use tact and diplomacy
- Experience supporting an Executive in a corporate environment
- Experience with graphics software
- Experience handling travel arrangements
- Startup, tech, or cannabis industry experience
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.