General Manager, Manufacturing
Flow Kana is a leader in sustainable, sun-grown cannabis representing two of California's most special micro-climates and the small farmer ecosystems. We give scale to premier, artisan farmers in Mendocino County and Southern Humboldt by distributing branded products through both wholesale and retail channels.
As a company we value humility, accountability, kindness, grit and a pioneering spirit. Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis will play an important role in treating many common medical conditions.
The General Manager of our new business unit, Manufacturing, plays a pivotal part in the organization, helping to set business strategy and working directly with every other department on a day-to-day basis – sales, logistics, new product development, operations and finance to drive results. This is a hands-on role where leadership, initiative and decision-making will make a difference not only within the business, but across the organization. The role has day-to-day exposure across not only the business units and the functional leads, but also the leadership team.
The General Manager is a change agent and a people manager at heart who is motivated by being a strong leader and mentor who understands the requirements of a dynamic and ever-changing environment and maintains a can-do attitude.
- Drive P&L growth for the Manufacturing business unit
- Oversee the successful development and installation of equipment of the Flow Kana Manufacturing HUB in collaboration with our partners
- Oversee day-to-day manufacturing operations and ensure a safe, efficient, productive and positive work environment
- Create and manage daily, weekly, and long-term production and sourcing schedules to meet company sales needs and growth objectives
- Manage extraction operations; oversee the biomass supply inputs ahead of harvest in collaboration with the procurement team
- Meet expense and labor goals to ensure profitability
- Develop and maintain KPIs for monitoring operational efficiency of manufacturing programs and for employees.
- Hire, train and hold team members accountable to Flow Kana standards
- Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback
- Reconcile and report daily, weekly and long-term production data to meet company standards and compliance requirements.
- Develop incentive programs to increase production
- Promote employee morale and motivate through positive communications and proactive problem solving to ensure an efficient and team oriented work environment
- Collaborate with Downstream Operations team on weekly transports and supply schedules to satisfy inventory needs at other Flow Kana locations.
- Attend weekly sales calls to meet current and future needs across our California markets
- Ensure compliance with Cal/OSHA, and other relevant worker safety regulations in a manufacturing environment
- Comply with the the State Track and Trace system, manage Certificate Of Analysis inventory.
- Negotiate term sheet and oversee business relationships with FK extraction partners
- Partner with Technology Team and Policy Team to ensure efficient regulatory compliance for all Manufacturing related activities (document records, inventory counts, etc.)
- Responsible for new product development and product quality assurance
- Develop, implement and maintain a robust Quality Management System to ensure consistent quality control.
- Negotiate agreements and contracts with partners, joint ventures as necessary and other entities
- 5+ years of management, business development, and leadership experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- Strong initiative and demonstrated leadership across functions and levels
- The ability to work with a flexible schedule that is aligned with business needs
- Can-do attitude; get things done; entrepreneurial mind-set
- Strong analytical skills mixed a solid creative instinct
- Outstanding communication skills – both oral and written
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Google Suites
- A service-oriented leadership style with a demonstrated track record of delivering on business goals; i.e. profitability, sustained growth, manufacturing efficiencies and new product development
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, ISO and GMPs
- Cannabis industry experience is a plus
- Early stage business experience a plus