Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
As a Controller, you’ll monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets and manage company financial systems. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with risk management.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we comply with accounting regulations, maximize profits and mitigate risks.
What you'll do
- Supervise monthly financial close process
- Supervise A/R, A/P, and payroll processes
- Ensure accuracy of the accounting and financial information
- Work with Treasury to lead Flow Kana's internal cash management program
- Work with FP&A to manage company budget process; establish budget schedule, develop budget- forecasting/projections, and implement robust budget-to-actual review with Executive Team
- Develop detailed dashboards to assist in management decision making and setting the strategic direction of the company
- Perform and lead internal audits and assist with external audits
- Prepare and manage tax filings, while working with external tax CPA to prepare federal tax fillings
- Develop systems and controls in a rapidly scaling business
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CPA required
- 8-12 years of work experience preferred as a Controller or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
- Experience with cash management and risk assessment
- Experience in distribution, manufacturing, production or CPG industries preferred
- Strong work ethic; self-starter; team player; exceptionally detail oriented
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional business stakeholders
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and commercial skills
- Uncompromising integrity, exceptional judgment, positive attitude and interest in being challenged every day is a must
- High-potential self-starter with superb attention to detail, an ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment and a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and own processes
- Ability to work independently, be a critical thinker, take initiative and make decisions in a constantly-changing industry
- High-level, circumspect, thoughtful and nuanced approach to problem solving
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.