Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
The Facilities Manager based in Redwood Valley, CA will be responsible for overseeing and managing Flow Kana’s Flow Cannabis Institute (FCI) as well as surrounding locations operated by Flow Kana. The right person for this role will be well organized and have strong interpersonal and project management skills. They will have a thorough understanding of building mechanical systems, major building components and systems, construction practices, preventative maintenance and building code regulations. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of operations methods and keeping common area costs under control.
This role reports to the VP of Real Estate and is based out of Redwood Valley, CA.
What You'll Do
- Influence peers on new initiatives and work side by side to accomplish yearly objectives and sustainability goals
- Maintain on-site relations with 3rd party vendors, Flow Kana Business Unit Managers, Construction Manager, Grounds Manager and Agriculture Manager
- Prepare monthly reports, forecasting and asset management logs by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends across campus
- Coordinate campus real estate & infrastructure repairs and monitor system performance
- Maintain adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary
- Oversee and supervise maintenance technicians-provide leadership, coaching and direction; approve timesheets; issue corrective actions
- Execute equipment audits and record-taking policies
- Maintain property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; planning renovations
- Maintain building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Accomplish financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
What You'll Need
- 6+ years experience working in a facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management, or similar management capacity
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Professional Designations with BOMA, IREM, preferred
- Experience in managing a Facilities/Operations team with a basic understanding of building systems (e.g. HVAC, Lighting, IT, Security and BMS systems)
- Ability to think creatively in a fast-paced environment and provide innovative solutions to challenges as they arise
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data to inform strategic business have strong attention to detail, and excellent time management skills to ensure all established deadlines are achieved
- Demonstrated track record of building trust and operating effectively within a dynamic and changing organization
- Must be a team player who can motivate and communicate well with others
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer savvy with knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, Smart Sheets or similar scheduling software, Asana or similar project management software
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Why Join Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry by as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of an entire industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis can play an emerging role in treating many common medical conditions, as well as provide important tax and societal benefits. We also believe in the opportunity to build an agricultural model centered around small, independent farmers which could be replicated around the world.