Manufacturing Technician, Extraction
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for conducting the extraction process from beginning to end in a safe and accurate manner. Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, the ideal candidate in this role will thrive in a fast-paced environment to assist in producing quality, high-end products in our new manufacturing facility in Redwood Valley, CA.
What you'll do
- Perform the extraction process from start to finish ensuring accuracy of the operational steps needed for quality control
- Ensure proper operation of extraction equipment by laboratory associates
- Accurately measure ingredients and record data
- Monitor all extracted product and record data
- Use a variety of equipment including but not limited to: extraction vessels, scales, presses, centrifuges, induction burners, and thermometers
- Prepare and process cannabis products for extraction
- Assist with manufacturing analytical testing needs by preparing and testing plant and extract samples for cannabinoid profiling, potency, and other required analysis
- Perform Quality Assurance to ensure that all product is prepared properly
- Schedule and maintain cleaning schedule for laboratory equipment, work stations, and tools
- Contribute to process improvement strategies in the lab while assisting with the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain inventory records of supplies and materials for laboratory
- Assist with the training of staff on operation, use and care of all equipment
- Maintain a culture of safety and follow all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all team members
What you'll need
- Degree in Engineering or Natural Sciences preferred; Associates degree required
- 2-3 years experience with extraction processes in food, pharma, or cannabis manufacturing preferred
- Experience with following manufacturing processes, standard operating procedures, and best practices in safety
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Willingness and ability to cross-train to create formulations and finished products
- Strong organizational and time management experience
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to stand, crouch, lift, push and pull items and equipment of varying weights and sizes
- Experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Good math and data entry skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be 21 years of age
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.