Flow Kana is a leader in sustainable, sun-grown cannabis representing two of California's most special micro-climates and the small farmer ecosystems. We give scale to premier, artisan farmers in Mendocino County and Southern Humboldt by distributing branded products through both wholesale and retail channels.
As a leader in California cannabis, Flow Kana has notably and strategically purchased an 80-acre, 85,000 square foot historic family winery in Mendocino which is being converted into the largest-ever cannabis processing and distribution center in Northern California.
About the role
We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our fast-paced product team in Oakland. This role requires both a high degree of independent ownership and frequent collaboration with a wide range of expertise from other team members. In this role you will work to seamlessly blend complex business process, technology and user experience in a way that intelligently connects a supply chain from start to finish in a growing, and rapidly changing, space.
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment
- Partner with Product Manager to identify user research needs and conduct usability tests
- Ensure product design deliverables adhere to high design standards
- Receive, weigh, and integrate constructive feedback from other team members and managers
- Present and communicate design work in a clear, confident, professional, and cogent manner; explain rationale for design decisions
- Understand business goals and seek to understand product market, competitors, opportunities and challenges
- 2+ years experience in UX. Bachelor degree in a design-related discipline or related field is a plus
- Must be able to design within brand guidelines and be willing to work with other team members to define, update, and maintain standards
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers and talented cross-functional teams including user research, Product Management, and Engineering
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, etc
- Passion for all things design: typography, color, composition
- Proficient in a variety of UX methodologies to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
- Create and assess design solutions based on user research data, analytics, and user goals
- A passionate designer and a self starter, comfortable with tackling all of the UX steps from user research and synthesis, exploration and concepting, prototyping and user testing, to launch
Why Join Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry by as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of an entire industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis can play an emerging role in treating many common medical conditions, as well as provide important tax and societal benefits. We also believe in the opportunity to build an agricultural model centered around small, independent farmers which could be replicated around the world. If this gets you excited, too, we encourage you to inquire about a career with Flow Kana.