Redwood Valley /
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
We are seeking a highly experienced, hands-on CA state-wide VP of Operations reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
What you'll do
- Accountable for all operational aspects of Flow Kana’s demand planning, finished goods storage and packaging operations, order fulfillment and direct-to-customer statewide distribution network
- Implement measures to control and reduce operational costs and improve efficiency
- Develop strategic partnerships in co-packing and distribution operational activities, and identify new business opportunities
- Implement standard work activities to ensure consistency in quality and operational efficiencies utilizing LEAN practices
- Provide a structured and analytical approach to assessing potential inefficiencies and recommending improvement strategies to senior leadership
- Provide strategic and analytical leadership to the finished goods and distribution teams to achieve the lowest reasonable cost of operation
- Ensure that all internal and external compliance protocols are met, including the accuracy of METRC data and fleet operating requirements and licensing
- Design and execute SOP’s for operational processes
- Collaborate with Sales and Demand Planning to monitor inventory levels to ensure that sales demands can be consistently met
- Collaborate with VP, Supply to coordinate raw material needs in harmony with demand
- Create and manage all elements of the departmental budgets
- Develop relationships with third-party providers and negotiate favorable contracts
- Work cross-functionally with internal business stakeholders including Farmer Relations, Operations, Sales, Business Development, and Finance to achieve strategic company goals
- Select, lead, and develop a team of direct reports and associated staff.Interact with Sales and customers to resolve service issues and drive network efficiencies
What you'll need
- 8-10 years of progressive managerial experience in Operations, Demand Planning, Logistics, Distribution, Order Fulfillment, and Fleet Dispatch operations
- Experience in the CPG space managing products with shelf-life requirements. Cannabis experience is not required but highly desired
- Familiarity with the maintenance and regulatory requirements of operating a commercial vehicle fleet
- Experience with executing a direct-to-store delivery model
- Working knowledge of ERP platforms, SAGE X3 is a plus
- Professional leadership style with demonstrated coaching and team building skills
- A demonstrated track record of delivering process improvement and cost savings
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
Why Flow Kana?
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else. We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis can play an emerging role in treating many common medical conditions, as well as provide important tax and societal benefits. We also believe in the opportunity to build an agricultural model centered around small, independent farmers which could be replicated around the world. If this gets you excited, too, we encourage you to inquire about a career with Flow Kana.
Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.