Flow Kana is a leader in sustainable, sun-grown cannabis representing two of California's most special micro-climates and the small farmer ecosystems. We give scale to premier, artisan farmers in Mendocino County and Southern Humboldt by distributing branded products through both wholesale and retail channels.
As a company we value humility, accountability, kindness and a pioneering spirit. Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis will play an important role in treating many common medical conditions.
Flow Kana is looking for an Unarmed Security Guard/PSO to join our growing security team. The shift hours are as follows:
Monday: 11:30am to 8:00pm
Tuesday: 6:00am to 2:30pm
Wednesday: 6:00am to 2:30pm
Saturday: 11:30am to 8:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am to 8:00pm
You will be responsible for ensuring and maintaining a secure environment for employees, vendors, and visitors to the campus. Among other tasks, you will manage the daily activities regarding those accessing the campus, review the surveillance feed on monitor/s, maintain key control, observe and report, access security-related systems, perform nightly closeout procedures, and respond to emergency situations as needed. As the first point of contact for visitors on the campus, guest service is a high priority as the position requires constant interaction with visitors and associates alike.
This position is semi-independent in nature and requires attention to detail. Some flexibility to work other shifts when needed is desirable. Computer and customer service skills are required. The ideal candidate will be an experienced security professional with an existing, up-to-date guard card. Full employment is based on passing a background check.
- Secure premises and personnel through: Force-projection by being highly visible; patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment and access points; permitting/restricting entry; monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people onto the property; ensure exits/doors/windows are secured.
- Maintain a daily log detailing the actions and activities undertaken.
- Create daily patrol reports for all foot-patrols, inspections, and vehicle-patrols.
- Provide emergency response and necessary assistance to employees and visitors.
- Obtain assistance from emergency services by calling 9-1-1 and sounding alarms/panics when necessary.
- Greet and sign-in guests/visitors (i.e., farmers, interviewees, tour groups, vendors, contractors, and delivery drivers) in a professional and courteous manner; verify their identification; issue visitor badges; notify host of their guest’s arrival; ensure guests/visitors are escorted appropriately by the host; and guests are properly signed out before exiting the premises.
- Responsible for site key-control; Issuing keys, performing key audits, and maintaining key-control records.
- Prevent losses and damage through active surveillance, patrol and observation, prompt reporting of irregularities, and ensuring compliance with our company policies.
- Create incident reports after an occurrence by documenting observations, factual details, and any other pertinent information such as surveillance recordings, interviewing witnesses, and taking photos.
- Ensure the security, safety, and well-being of the facility, all employees, and visitors.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Remain in compliance with local, state and federal regulations (i.e., ensure all personal licenses and/or certifications are valid and current).
- Be proactive and take initiative on fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control, loss prevention, and any other security related activities.
- Train on access control system, security/surveillance equipment, badge-printing software, and visitor management software systems.
- When applicable, open and/or close buildings and facilities, including arming/disarming intrusion-detection and other alarm systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Desired Attributes
- High school graduate or equivalent (college degree preferred)
- Previous military, law enforcement, first responder, or security experience (preferred)
- Current and valid guard card issued through BSIS/State of California (preferred)
- Trained in First Aid/BLS and self-defense (preferred)
- Knowledge of security operations, surveillance techniques, and observational skills (preferred)
- Ability to interact and remain calm with guests or associates in all types of situations
- Ability to work in a highly scrutinized and surveillance-monitored environment with exposure to potentially hostile situations
- Must have good organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to perform to the physical demands of the job
- Professional, clean, and “ready” appearance with adherence to company uniform requirements
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Solid computer/IT skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow complex instructions
- Objectivity and good judgement
- Dependability and integrity
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.