Finance and Accounting Analyst, Upstream
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited too, come work with us!
We're looking for a Finance and Accounting Analyst to join our Finance Team. The position is based in Redwood Valley.
What You'll Do
- Execute accounts receivables/payables and cash management for Flow Kana’s upstream operations
- Execute on day-to-day financial operations
- Contribute to reporting, forecasting and planning as needed
- Manage and optimize finance and general accounting systems
- Assist with payroll as needed
- Collaborate with other departments to determine priorities and allocations
- Work with Finance Team to improve financial systems and operations
- Build relationships with other departments and functions to ensure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction
- Manage activities related to upstream compliance and participate in internal/external audit activities
- Create processes and procedures to increase efficiency, speed and quality of meeting all required payment deadlines
- Address additional ad hoc requests and projects regarding the finances of the division
- Maintain and organize accurate reports and company files
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree in business, procurement, finance, accounting or management
- 2+ years of financial analysis experience
- Strong understanding of accounting
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional business stakeholders
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and commercial skills
- Uncompromising integrity, exceptional judgment, positive attitude and interest in being challenged every day is a must
- High-potential self-starter with superb attention to detail, an ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment and a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and own processes
- Ability to work independently, be a critical thinker, take initiative and make decisions in a constantly-changing industry
- High-level, circumspect, thoughtful and nuanced approach to problem solving
- Desire to be on the cutting edge of a rapidly-growing and transformative industry
- Startup experience preferred, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holidays
- Snacks & drinks
- Dog friendly offices
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.