Senior Front-End Software Engineer
Flow Kana is a leader in sustainable, sun-grown cannabis representing two of California's most special micro-climates and their small farmer ecosystems. We give scale to premier, artisan farmers in Mendocino County and Southern Humboldt by distributing branded products through both wholesale and retail channels.
As a leader in California cannabis, Flow Kana has notably and strategically purchased an 80-acre, 85,000 square foot historic family winery in Mendocino which is being converted into the largest-ever cannabis processing and distribution center in Northern California.
- Report to the Head of Engineering
- Designing and implementing new product features, large and small on a host of applications that represent supply chain management, inventory forecasting, farmer apps, wholesale buyer portals, BI tools, and online e-commerce systems
- Build responsive front-ends that work on all modern desktop and mobile browsers
- Identify, build and maintain components that can be used across our products and customers
- Implement engaging, excellent, and pixel perfect user experiences designed in collaboration with our UX team
- Collaborating with other Engineering team members through code reviews and occasional pair programming
- Guiding technical decision making and contributing towards improving our engineering process
- Working with the Head of Engineering, Product Management and other team leaders to inform product road mapping
- Conduct technical and- feature risk assessments
- Understanding and influencing the vision and overall strategy
- Helping maintain code quality, organization and automatization
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience with Bootstrap, Angular or AngularJS
- Experience integrating or designing RESTful APIs
- Strong problem solving, debugging skills, eye for detail, and an ability to anticipate and find corner cases
- Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines in fast-paced, agile development environments
- Exposure to AWS
- Working knowledge of Heroku
- Excellent problem solving skills
- An open mind and great work ethic
- A passion to learn and grow with the company
- Maintains high ethical standards and a positive, professional demeanor
Why Join Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry by as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of an entire industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we have the chance to break down prohibition stigmas to show that cannabis can play an emerging role in treating many common medical conditions, as well as provide important tax and societal benefits. We also believe in the opportunity to build an agricultural model centered around small, independent farmers which could be replicated around the world. If this gets you excited, too, we encourage you to inquire about a career with Flow Kana.