Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Pre-roll Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the entire pre-roll team and processes at our facility in Redwood Valley, CA.
What You'll Do
- Oversee pre-roll production processes and system from start to finish - ensuring accuracy, safety, efficiency and quality
- Ensure pre-roll production levels are adequate to fulfill demands
- Work with Production, Sales and Marketing teams to understand their inventory demands, timelines and upcoming projects
- Ensure adequate, professional communications across departments
- Provide feedback and recommendations to the Production Manager on how the pre-roll process can be improved or adjusted
- Work in collaboration with the Production Manager and Scheduler to help track KPIs and meet department goals
- Maintain a culture of safety; support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all team members
- Oversee accurate tracking and reporting of progress
- Assist the Production Manager and Scheduler determining staffing levels and assign workload
- Provide training, coaching and disciplinary action as necessary
- Approve timecards and time off requests
- Provide feedback and coaching on individual and team performance and development
- Prepare reports per the Production Manager’s direction
- Work in collaboration with other team members to ensure all physical inventory is accurately being displayed in the admin system
- Additional duties as assigned
What You'll Need
- 1-2 years of people management
- Knowledge of cannabis products preferable
- Knowledge of inventory or supply chain systems preferable
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Proven ability to direct, build, or coordinate processes and SOPs
- Proven ability to lead, coach and mentor teams and individuals
- Hands on commitment to get the job done accurately and timely
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced experience utilizing G Suite and Excel
- College degree or relevant work experience
- Willingness to work either first or second shift as needed
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- PTO & paid holiday
- Snacks & drinks
- Monthly CSA box
Why Flow Kana?
You've probably heard cannabis will be a $40+ billion industry as early as 2020. While it is no doubt there is enormous market potential, more importantly, the Flow Kana team sees an incredible opportunity to shape the future of the entire industry. We have a team of over 200 employees across our 6 locations and are doubling in size in 2019!
Our network of independent farmers are true stewards of the land and have spent their lives balancing a unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir using only organic methods. The result is an unparalleled product that simply cannot be found anywhere else.
We believe that everyone should know who grows their cannabis — including where and how it’s grown. Our values as a company are simple — we are pioneers of positive impact, and value respect, humility, and grit above all else.
Pioneering spirit — We are all professional leaders in our communities seeking continuous improvement in the growth of the cannabis industry with adaptability, initiative, determination, and commitment.
Positive Impact — We are socially and environmentally conscious, community oriented, and focused on identifying the highest impact we can have for the greater good.
Respect — We honor and respect the plant, each other, the heritage of the farmers and producers and the journeys that have brought each one of us together.
Humility — We approach all of our interactions with our team, customers and stakeholders with our authentic selves and an ego-less confidence that seeks to with integrity, collaborate, add value and strengthen the Flow Kana brand from the heart.
Grit — We are tenacious and always hungry. We never settle and conquer all challenges in front of us. We are resilient and operate with great integrity. We all are destigmatizing the perceptions of the cannabis community through transparent, professional, best in class performance.
Flow Kana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.