Project Manager, Upstream Real Estate
Flow Kana is the first sustainable, sungrown cannabis company to embrace the small, independent farm ecosystem. We partner with, and give scale to, craft farmers in Northern California and values-aligned brands who honor beyond-organic farming practices. We offer a wide range of processing, co-packing, white label, and distribution services to a growing list of partners including brands, dispensaries, distributors, and manufacturers, who all share our values and vision of building a better supply chain for our industry.
Through a values-driven approach and a regulated market, we’re breaking down prohibition stigmas to show the important role that cannabis plays in treating countless common medical conditions. We’re building an agricultural model that empowers small, independent farmers, that can be replicated worldwide, supporting Flow Kana’s vision: to become the world’s largest provider of sungrown, organic cannabis products. If this gets you excited, too, come work with us!
Flow Kana is looking for a highly motivated, team oriented, and well organized individual with a strong interest in sustainable development and experience in project management.
The Real Estate Project Manager will be instrumental in assisting the VP, Real Estate with managing day to day activities relating to all upstream real estate development. Areas of focus to include programming, design, construction planning, and milestone management for all Flow Kana real estate in our upstream operations.
The ideal candidate has strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to thrive in a demanding and fast-paced environment. There is tremendous potential to grow with us as we expand. This position is remote (work from home) and may require some travel to our new and existing markets.
This role reports to the VP of Real Estate and is based out of either Oakland or Redwood Valley, CA.
What you'll do
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to: scheduling meetings, processing documentation, establishing and maintaining a consistent and organized filing system for project documentation, etc.
- Actively manage and track all project documentation including leases, contracts, budgets, schedules, reports, and close out
- Manage tenant improvement projects, budgets and schedules for varying sizes and scopes
- Work with Legal to prepare real estate contracts
- Partner closely with Procurement team on all real estate and office build-out purchases
- Work closely with internal teams on space planning to confirm business unit programming needs are built into the design and fit out
- Collaborate with the people operations, policy, security and logistics teams to ensure our spaces align with the company’s vision and support the business requirements
- Provide day-to-day vendor management
- Coordinate contractors, movers, furniture installers, property managers and other vendors to support the successful completion of the project
- Provide team leaders with timely project status reports, including budget or critical milestones
- Professionally represent Flow Kana’s interest at all meetings with Consultants, General Contractors, Suppliers and Stakeholders
- Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required per the project delivery schedule
- Review, verify, reconcile and process invoices and change orders
- Set up, coordinate and participate in all construction meetings (OAC, Subcontractor coordination etc)
What you'll need
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or similar field required
- LEED (or equivalent) accreditation preferred.
- 3+ years in architecture, project management, construction or commercial real estate with an advanced understanding of the design and construction delivery process for sustainable spaces.
- Ability to develop cost estimates, schedules, and analyze Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Budget management and accounting experience in project management.
- TI construction experience, with deep knowledge of MEP and electrical systems, IT/AV, lighting, acoustics, and engineering space preferred
- Ability to read architectural and MEP drawings preferred
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, while achieving sustainability goals and timely completion
- Ability and desire to travel as necessary to meet project goals and objectives
- Proven experience managing very organized and detailed project budgets
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and technical staff in written and verbal form
- Must be able to maintain a good rapport with colleagues
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office programs such as excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Keynote prefered.
- Must be self-directing and able to adapt quickly to changing conditions